A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 26th March 2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
BTW I'm still following this thread too.

Am I the only one here who is desperate for you to pull that screen protector off so that I can see what the reflectiveness of the screen is like? Or is everyone just too polite to mention it?
Haha so am I. Once all the issues are resolved i will take it off and do a presentation at night so you can see the backlit buttons etc. & on a sunny day (if such thing exists in Wales) so you call can see the screen performance in sunlight.
Old 26th March 2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Haha so am I. Once all the issues are resolved i will take it off and do a presentation at night so you can see the backlit buttons etc. & on a sunny day (if such thing exists in Wales) so you call can see the screen performance in sunlight.
I very much look forward to it.

Future work to do: Bonnet repaint (stone chips etc.), full detail and coating.
2002 A8 D2 S8 FE - "Red Dwarf" - Misano Red - Platinum Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multichanger, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, FE Wheels, Phone Prep, Detachable Towbar, Rear Blinds, S8 plate but no other optional extras
1st Place Winner - A8Parts Annual UK Meet 2018
1st Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2018
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2019
2007 A6 Allroad C6 3.0TDI Quattro - Highland Green (Audi Exclusive Colour) - Cream leather interior with Wood, Advanced MMI, Keyless, Bose, Advanced PDC, Sunroof, Heated Memory Seats, Adaptive Xenons, Adaptive Air Suspension, Servotronic

Previous (went to good homes):
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - "Big Red" - Tornado Red (Special Order) - Twist Interior, PDC, Passenger Memory Seats, Symphony II with BOSE, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, 20" FE Wheels, Servotronic Steering
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - Aqua Blue Pearl - Twist Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multichanger, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Avus Wheels

Old 26th March 2020, 11:59 AM

Also, when you get around to doing your presentation/review, please can you take a photo of how the camera looks from the rear?

I'm keen to see if it's almost invisible to spot it when standing behind the car, so as not to spoil the "stock" look from the outside.

Future work to do: Bonnet repaint (stone chips etc.), full detail and coating.
2002 A8 D2 S8 FE - "Red Dwarf" - Misano Red - Platinum Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multichanger, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, FE Wheels, Phone Prep, Detachable Towbar, Rear Blinds, S8 plate but no other optional extras
1st Place Winner - A8Parts Annual UK Meet 2018
1st Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2018
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2019
2007 A6 Allroad C6 3.0TDI Quattro - Highland Green (Audi Exclusive Colour) - Cream leather interior with Wood, Advanced MMI, Keyless, Bose, Advanced PDC, Sunroof, Heated Memory Seats, Adaptive Xenons, Adaptive Air Suspension, Servotronic

Previous (went to good homes):
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - "Big Red" - Tornado Red (Special Order) - Twist Interior, PDC, Passenger Memory Seats, Symphony II with BOSE, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, 20" FE Wheels, Servotronic Steering
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - Aqua Blue Pearl - Twist Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multichanger, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Avus Wheels

Old 28th March 2020, 04:21 PM

OK so the connects2 loom does not fit this android Radio but because I was corona-bored i decided the make 1 good loom out of the 2 that I've had because the only real difference between the two was this filter which reduces sudden inrush of current which is audible as a 'pop':

These connectors are also the same:

Which means I can just cut off the bit of the connects2 loom with the filter and connect it in place of the one on android loom:

I then crimped the ends that I needed together:

The 5th black wire was crimped together with another black ground wire on the other end of the black box not seen in pic.

Final result:

I then installed the loom back in the car and also heat shrunk all the RCA's together to stop from from ever disconnecting or touching something which would cause trouble:

Result?

The unit is now pop and noise free, all 4 channels work perfectly fine (i panned the audio to each corner of the car just fine), muting also doesn't cause the speakers to pop now.

I was promised that this radio would work with BOSE systems when I emailed Icebox before purchase which we now know it obviously doesn't, but, I'm sure some RCA filter device can be found cheap on ebay which will do the same exact thing without the need for cirmping, soldering etc.

Last edited by Ronin; 28th March 2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 28th March 2020, 05:32 PM

Thats a good result Are you going to peel the film off the front now?
Old 31st March 2020, 08:22 AM

This is very impressive

Would love something like this in mine
Mercedes Benz CLS 500 - Sold
Corsa VXR Nurburgring - Sold
RS6 Avant Grey - Sold
Seat Leon Cupra R - Sold