A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > Q7 4L

Q7 4L 2006 To 2015

Old 22nd August 2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Oh yeah, that is very stupid, unless Audi will have a little portacabin style ''service station'' on each border crossing with a ''qualified engineer'' who will be there just to change the lights for us.
You can't obviously do that at your main dealer if you leaving later on at night as this will mean that you'll be driving all the way to Dover at night with the wrong beam patter

Very very stupid indeed

MMI options seems to be the most reasonable one.
Qualified Engineer made me laugh out loud and luckily I swallowed that mouthful of coffee before I read to the word qualified! Mine went to main dealer and they didn't with the alleged three hours, manage to swap over a blown side light bulb that had blown with their "Qualified Engineers!" so asking them to work out which continent they are currently sitting it as well as hooking up the Audi equipment as well as selecting an option on the equipment, I'm out on this one! I'll put a fifty on them not being able to do it

I do agree with the guys here, this setting should be a must, for what is essentially an "Executive Cruiser!" the car chosen by "The Transporter!" you know... to take oriental woman in duffle bags to drug barons with gun wielding henchmen in Scarface like mansions... you don't ever hear the likes of Frank Martin, telling you... 1) the deal is the deal! 2) I'm not allowed to cross the border or take that package to the UK or other right hand drive countries as my MMI says No!" 3) Never open the package!

Oh yeah Halfords sticky yellow beam benders... Don't do it! Shoot yourself first. Who ever invented them need putting in with the convicted paedophiles (obviously this is only my opinion and not a reflection of the site!)

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 18th January 2017, 03:57 PM

Can this be done on a 2002 S8 FE using VCDS
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 18th January 2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzya8 View Post
Can this be done on a 2002 S8 FE
No, nothing is required and there is no adjustment possible, unlike the PF D2 which had an adjustment lever on the first version HID lights.
The lights have a cutoff that is acceptable for temporary use abroad, but if you move there you need new headlights!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!