A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 13th May 2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Expect them to take at least a week to arrive! I ordered mine on Friday and the payment didn't clear till Monday, then they were shipped late yesterday. Estimated delivery is a week from now....

They are blinkin' cheap though! Even compared to the £230 I paid in September for a pair
Thats cheap, what size are they?

Old 13th May 2014, 06:59 PM

Standard D2 S8 on Final Edition size, so 255/35ZR20 97Y XL

Prices seem to vary like airline tickets at the moment - constantly varying depending on stock and frequency of queries! Several sites I looked at had gone up from 1 day to the next.

Dropped my chipped front wheel off for refurb today to give them a chance to get it done by Friday when it'll be in the garage half a dozen doors down from the refurbishers. Now running my 12 year old spare with directional tyre mounted 'the wrong way' but not planning any monsoon driving

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 13th May 2014, 07:38 PM

Just had a look on mytyres and the 265/35/20 are 267.80 ea for pilot super sports.

I got them for 252 ea fitted so can't complain really.

on another note when I picked the wheels from the powdercoaters the idiots had forgot to do the centre caps so running the shiny wheels without them

Old 14th May 2014, 08:06 PM

Well this evening my tyres have cleared through dpd's hub in Brum and are on route to Crawley. Unfortunately I'm dropping my car off when I get home for work and won't be here when they try to deliver the tyres! Tried changing the delivery to collect from depot but they won't let me until they've made one failed delivery attempt

There's a small chance driver will be back at the depot by the time I'm in the same area dropping the car off, but I'm NEVER that lucky lol. Guess it'll be a collect Thursday evening and try and get them fitted Friday or Saturday....

Quite looking forward to that new tyre feeling

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th May 2014, 06:30 PM

Well that's 2 tyres picked up from DPD and my refurbed wheel was ready to collect this afternoon, so that's gone in the boot to be stuck back on the car tomorrow

Mileage noted and will see if they find anything else to report when they look at it tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3524.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	469.7 KB
ID:	8125   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3525.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	8126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3526.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	613.9 KB
ID:	8127   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3527.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	8128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3528.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	8129  

Old 15th May 2014, 06:37 PM

The tyres iv been looking at have dropped £6 since yesterday, How low can they go