A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Spotless

Spotless For all your cleaning discussions....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th September 2016, 07:47 AM

Post Key scratch what to do?

Hey everyone

Last night i was relaxing watching TV putting my feet up after a long day at work thinking life is blessed. Then just as i was thinking that my car alarm starts to go off, so went out side like you would, seen nothing, and turned the alarm off. Next morning i got up as usual had an Irish breakfast and got to work as usual. When i finished work and was leaving, this is when i realized the 3ft scratch down the passenger side door of my car. I think it has been down with a key or some sort of sharp object .. So what i could do with is a little help/advice on how to get this scratch out myself. I would prefer not to get a re-spray to be honest, and a little elbow grease won't hurt. After looking on YouTube at some scratch repairs i have already been and ordered sand paper, towels and a car polisher for sale online. All i need to know is the best products to use on my A8? I am completely clueless and needing advice. There will be some specs below that might help on what product i should get but it also might be useless...

SPECS
Year:2007
Colour: Platinum Beige Pearl Effect

That's pretty much all you would need i think any information/advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Example image below of my car type i will have to wait for my son to sort out getting a picture online for me.

Thanks guys

Last edited by 2007audi; 19th September 2016 at 03:56 AM. Reason: More information