A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 30th December 2015, 10:58 PM

Default VCDS Questions

I really want to do a couple of VCDS tweaks, but for some reason I can't.

I'd like to change the EPB so that it releases WITHOUT having to have the seatbelt on. I need a security code for it though and none pops up. Is there a generic code or do I have to contact Ross-Tech?

Needle Sweep - I have NO long coding at all on virtually all of my modules. The instrument block has none for sure. Does this mean my cluster wont do the needle sweep or is there another way of coding it in?

I have done the VIM and also the hidden menu and activated the battery meter. I intend to lower it by maybe 20mm or so too via VCDS, but that's for a sunny day later on.

I'm also curious as to how to select some of the built in module tests rather than run through them all sequentially. The selective radio button is greyed out. I have an issue with the Aux Heater "no flame" but can't select a specific test and would have to cycle through them all. Is this safe?

Seems I'm a bit limited to what I can do on my car (MY2010 D3 QS 4.2TDI) with this VCDS. Or I'm a bit thick...
Old 30th December 2015, 11:39 PM

First of all selective tests are only available on some modules not all, you can skim through them by pressing the next button, one can do them selectively if you know the number of it but that's getting into advanced Vcds and writing your own label files.

Your cluster probably won't do needle sweep if it doesn't already, it's not in the coding info or adaptations that I have found because I would like to turn it off on mine.

Old 6th January 2016, 10:40 PM

Thanks Del.

So if the selective tests aren't available for the aux heater then I just have to go through each test in turn? Seems a bit odd.

Anyone have any further info on the security code for a 2009 FL EPB module so I can turn this damned seatbelt requirement off please?

Thanks all.
Old 6th January 2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Your cluster probably won't do needle sweep if it doesn't already, it's not in the coding info or adaptations that I have found because I would like to turn it off on mine.
When I got my S8 I was planning to activate the needle sweep using vcds and found it already has it activated as standard. Was fun for the first few starts but it's kind of gimmicky now, a tad annoying and unnecessary. I thought it was just a case of amending the coding but perhaps not if you say you can't find it that easily?
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8