A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 18th March 2010, 09:06 AM
entwisi

Default HI from South Africa - Some VAG car releated content

just thought I'd say hi from over in johannesburg where I've been sent for 2 weeks for work. weathers lovely, security - interesting.......... ( don;t get a cab unless its organised through a 'approved' company, don;t wak out at night beyond teh hotel complex, etc )

car related content!

One thing I noticed within 30 mins of being here were loads of Mk1 Golfs knocking around all in very nice condition. Turns out they only stopped making them here last year. Bonus is they are also RHD over here so if you fancy a nice rust free Mk1 Golf then look over here! Only thing is they all seem to be 5 doors ones and of low spec engine wise ( 1.4's )

Also there are shed loads of really nice motors knocking about, I've seen loads of Astons, porsche panamera, 911's, Jags, lambos and fezzas. yet to spot an A8 of any type though
Old 18th March 2010, 11:49 AM
badger7777

Bring back a couple of VW T3 vans please with the audi 5 pot motor fitted. They're quite a sought after bit of kit in the UK

Look like this:

Old 18th March 2010, 12:20 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger7777 View Post
Bring back a couple of VW T3 vans please with the audi 5 pot motor fitted. They're quite a sought after bit of kit in the UK

Look like this:

I had a tour around Paal and some vineyards in a 2.8 VR6 engined T3 in SA a few years back. Made a great noise, and was really rather quick...

Zip