A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions including MMI 3G Plus

Old 27th May 2017, 11:03 PM

Default MMI 3G question

Hi, I have a 2010 A8 4.2 TDi 4H (D4) version.

It has MMI 3G standard. It has the original maps and buggy firmware that came with the car. I took it today to someone to upgrade the entire firmware and maps, but it turned out that he couldn't do it. When he plugged in he found that the MMI unit was one of a very few that were on early vehicles. After a relatively short time, these were changed from 4H0 035 666D to 4H0 035 666F. These units had chip changes inside and can be updated to the very latest spec. However, the very early ones will not take the updates and when he tried, it came up with the warning that the unit was unable to update and if he continued, some items would be corrupted. Needless to say he didn't do it.

However, on the way home, the Nav got lost, it could no longer tell where it was. It is picking up the Satellites, but it doesn't know where it is. The place it shows it is is no where near where it really is. I've tried the usual reset. Ignition on, the off etc etc. However none of this makes any difference.

My question is therefore:

1). Does anyone know of any kind of hard reset that can be done on the system?

2). Can a 4H0 035 666D be upgraded to a much later 4H0 035 666 (Q for instance). Although I realise that the security lockout will have to be removed by the local Audi garage.

3). Can a 4H0 035 666D be upgraded to an MMI 4H0 035 670 (various letters) which has the sim card slot as well as many extras.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers chaps.

Tags
a8 4h, mmi