A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Lights

D2 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 27th August 2009, 01:27 AM

Default S8 Xenon Fault

Just finished work and fired up the S8, turned on the lights and my mate stops me and says get out and look, theres something odd going on with your lights. One of the lights looks like a normal Xenon, the other looks like a proper halogen. Its really bugging me, it can't be a ballast out as then there would be no light at all, am I right? Could it be the bulb? Its just gone a really yellow colour whilst the other side continues to be a really nice shade of whitish blue light. Its really spoiling the look of my car and VAG COM isn't showing any faults. I'm just hoping its nothing expensive.

Edit: I have the proper Xenons from factory.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 27th August 2009, 02:33 PM

Called Audi for a laugh and they want £163 for a new headlight bulb!! Will get it from somewhere else now that James has told me what type I need, its D2S if anyone else needs one. Cheapest I found was about £40 or £80 a pair, not sure weather to stick to OEM 4.3k or go for 6k ?

P.S Not sure if it is the bulb, just going to try and swap it over and see if that fixes it, in fact. Will see if the 335 has the same bulb then will swap um over, that has a BMW warranty anyway so will get a new one from them, shh.

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM

Last edited by Singh; 27th August 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 27th August 2009, 06:28 PM

Swapped the bulbs around and yes it was just the bulb that was faulty, what a relief. Called A8 Parts in the end and new one should be here Saturday