Mine is a daily driver when I am in the UK. Loving it every mile
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 8th March 2017, 01:11 PM

I've had mine almost four years now and it's my daily runabout. Unfortunately, the majority of my driving tends to be short runs of 10 miles or less, so fuel economy takes a hit. Wouldn't be without though.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th March 2017, 05:50 PM

Unfortunately my current commute is only 3 miles so I cycle although I occasionally need to use the car for work (A8 D2) & I love the fact that it isn't like most other cars out there. The car still get's used around 4/5 days a week but only stretching it's legs weekly.

The wife has a Tiguan as a work car and yet the daughter still prefers that we use mine when we go out (much to the wife's annoyance) Unfortunately that may change as she is awaiting her new car which is an XF.

This is the first car that I've owned for over 2 years as I usually get bored & fancy a change, my intention is to keep hold of it for as long as the parts are available.

The Garage

Audi A8 D2 PF - 1999 - 4.2 Quattro Sport in Silver - Bose, Blinds, S8 exhaust, FL armrests, S8 Brembo's.

VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi Bluemotion 2013 - The OH's company car & general family runabout.

Honda Transalp 1999 XL600 VR - My runabout

Honda CX500 - The winter project 2014/15
Old 20th March 2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi do View Post
Unfortunately my current commute is only 3 miles so I cycle although I occasionally need to use the car for work (A8 D2) & I love the fact that it isn't like most other cars out there. The car still get's used around 4/5 days a week but only stretching it's legs weekly.

The wife has a Tiguan as a work car and yet the daughter still prefers that we use mine when we go out (much to the wife's annoyance) Unfortunately that may change as she is awaiting her new car which is an XF.

This is the first car that I've owned for over 2 years as I usually get bored & fancy a change, my intention is to keep hold of it for as long as the parts are available.

That's a nice D2 you've got there...........I owned it for over nine years, loved that car and often wish I still had it. Glad to hear you're still enjoying her and treating her well. I've still got some S8 aluminium mirrors and an S8 bonnet grille if you ever fancy treating her to some bling

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 16th February 2020, 09:45 AM

I bought mine back in 2014 and use it as a true daily driver. awesome car. It's currently off the road having the wheels refurbished.
Old 25th January 2023, 08:08 PM

An A8, or S8 has been my 'smoker' since 2008, although I also have a Tiger which gets less use these days, but also used to be my only car.... it was a short commute.

I replaced the A8 4.2q with the S8 because I liked the A8 so much and thought an S8 would be sweeter (and fancied the FL upgrade)- looking back it might have been better to keep my pre FL A8-it wanted for nothing (was a dark metallic green with black leather) I just thought if A8 good, S8 better, but I liked the long gearing in the A8 better. I probably should have bought a FL A8 or a LWB.

Anyway, I still use the S8 as my day to day, but it lives, like me in Bulgaria. In the UK it used to go 120 miles a day but I drive less these days.

When I was at a loss as to what to get, my trader chum Lindsey Kerr said 'get an Audi A8- wonderful cars'.

I quite agree.

Last edited by Simon Wallwork; 25th January 2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old 26th January 2023, 08:58 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I now have my S8 and and and Audi TTS. Both are on the road all year and, although I’m now retired and do a much reduced mileage, they are both in regular use. I have no ‘man maths’ to justify ownership - just a total joy of owning and driving them. I don’t play golf and don’t gamble, so I think this hobby and retirement pleasure sits comfortably in my own mind. I’ve also been in the frame of mind of enjoying cars since my early conversion to older cars - my first was a 1965 mini, then a 1957 A35 van (a concours winner), then a 1952 Austin Somerset (also a concours winner) and, after a long spell of company cars, an A8, an S8 (now in David’S8) ownership and my current S8 (now mine for over 10 years). I love my S8 and love driving it and, hopefully, with MJ’s help, she’ll (the S8) see me out (I’m just shy of 69!).
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).