A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 30th May 2023, 06:10 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Is there a guide to removing the belts anywhere?

Ive bought 2 front belts from A8 Parts and taken them to an auto-trimmers to be re-webbed. But it’d be helpful to know how to remove the existing belts when the ‘new’ ones come back.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 30th May 2023, 08:58 PM
Banned

There is a service manual pdf on forums with the other service manuals

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9345

Last edited by Ronin; 30th May 2023 at 09:02 PM.
Old 31st May 2023, 06:09 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Thank you
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 31st May 2023, 08:53 AM

Start from page 69 of the following PDF:

Service Manual General Body Assembly Interior (Repair groups 68 69 70 72 74).pdf

I haven't read through it, but (amongst other things) you need to remove the lower B-pillar trim, and in order to do that, you need to remove the front lower door trim and partly remove the rear lower door trim. That gives access to two screws with black plugs (for want of a better term) to be removed. You then need to disconnect the light source to the rear air vent in the B-pillar. I've marked where it is cable tied to. There is still the top section of trim to be removed as well.

BTW This is me trying to get rid of the swimming pool in the rear passenger footwell, so only rough photos.

I'd be interested to hear how much they cost as mine is so much worn, as disgustingly dirty. That's what happens when you wear working clothes and then proceed to drive the car with them on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230531_094706_712 (Medium).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	29595   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230531_094725_850 (Medium).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	29596  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds