A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 10th August 2021, 11:53 AM

Now is a GOOD time to sell. But it is a TERRIBLE time to buy.

Prices are probably 25% up due to the current market and even budget spec cars are flying, so a lot of people are chancing their arms with high prices and iffy cars

Not sure i'd be looking at diesel, but a LOT of the A8 stock was made that way. The LEZ's popping up all over have dropped their prices and that tax lift isn't going to help.

This lack of new and lease cars are meaning that even the diesels are selling fast, but give it 12 months and i can see them dropping heavily again, so be careful!

Can't say i think much of 4 zone climate, the rear heaters are just fault codes. Stop start is good, but fingerprint a gimmic. I'd LOVE B&O but it is pretty rare and jacks the price. Parking camera would be nice, but actually the visual aid version is easy to add if old style sensors. Later 3G MMI would be great, and even the wide DIS is a later option. Two style of seats and i always avoid the ribbed ones. Extended lighting is nice and on low at night helps with light blindness, though CHECK the side mirrors, they often get replaced with non dimming glass and i've one of each and every night drive I wish i'd replaced it and every time i check ebay you're in the HOW MUCH to get dimming. Heated is like £15, dimming many hundreds! Soft close often fails, similar with the power boot and the touch open door handles, i wish they hadn't bothered. Auto lights are nice and can be added, but auto wipers are far harder, though both common on later specs. Heated windscreen is ultra rare, but also could be a sod if cracked

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)
Old 10th August 2021, 12:05 PM

Yes, good point about the boot motor -- most become weak over time to the point of struggling to lift the boot lid up even when the engine is running, then it just gives up and slams shut. Easily rectified with a replacement boot motor which makes the lift good and strong even when just on the battery.

Most boot lids seem to be misaligned, it's a bit of a faff to adjust but they can be fixed. The worst thing you can do with the opening boot is lift it open manually when it's already doing its thing and rising by itself.

Whilst imagining myself looking in the D3's boot, factory rear seat entertainment (RSE) system was an expensive option, and the DVD changer is located behind the left panel in the boot.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 10th August 2021, 04:11 PM

an idea of your budget would help too
Old 13th August 2021, 08:05 AM

Sorry, ended up with 2 posts running.

Budget of around 6k