A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th September 2017, 02:00 PM

Default For Sale: Rare Audi A8 4.2 TDI Sport - B&O, Fridge, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof

Hi,

It's with a heavy heart that I've decided to put my 8 up for sale.

I've had it for coming up to 4 years since i bought it from Ian (aka 'IT' on the forum) and it's had a lot of money spent on making it special special and looked after.

It is easily one of the best specced A8 D3s for sale at the moment. For me, the colour combo is what sold me on it but the B&O, fridge, glass sunroof and ACC are what makes this car perfect. At the time, you could have easily bought an S8 with the options this came with.

A lot of you will know the car from my project thread (see link in signature below) and it is where i've kept a log of almost all of the updates. For those interested, here is the full list of options over and above the usual specs...

Mileage: 134k
MOT: Feb'18
Low Tax band: £290/yr

Factory options:

£ 1900.00 - Sport inc sports seat, suspension, folding autodim mirrors
£ 1500.00 - Audi Exclusive Paint - Azure Blue with pearl-effect finish (Z5K)
£ 4500.00 - Bang And Olufsen Sound
£ 850.00 - TV Tuner
£ 290.00 - Heated front seats
£ 1500.00 - Adaptive Cruise Control
£ 400.00 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring
£ 500.00 - Xenon Plus headlights
£ 165.00 - Wooden 3 spoke sport steering wheel
£ 1000.00 - Fridge
£ 1400.00 - Extended Leather Pack 2
£ 75.00 - Wooden gear knob
£ 250.00 - One Touch memory (Fingerprint sensor)
£ 375.00 - Automatic Boot lid
£ 900.00 - Electric Tilt/Slide Glass sunroof
£ 425.00 - Power door closure

Modifications done whilst in my ownership:

- S8 grille (bought new)
- S8 mirrors
- Facelift rear lights (bought new)
- 20'' Final Edition Wheels (Diamond cut and in perfect condition)
- 20mm hub centric spacers for the rear wheels
- Rear wheel spacers
- DRL headlight modification (so it looks similar to W12/S8)
- Audi Music Interface (AMI) to allow for plugging in/charging of smart phone and accessing music playlists
- Fusion bluetooth module (so you can play music through your mobile)
- HD dashcam (hardwired)
- OEM rubber mats - mint condition
- 1/2 the car was repainted after someone keyed it and it was done really well bringing the overall standard of the car back to excellent
- LED rear license plate lights (canbus error free)

Maintenance:
- All front suspension arms were replaced 3k miles ago at a cost of £1.6k and is unlikely to need replacing for the coming 30k miles
- Brand new electronic parking brake calipers last year...should last many years to come
- During the last 2 years, the 8 has been serviced by Jack Barclay Audi and stamped in the log book
- The aircon condensor was replaced about 3 years ago also

The 'bad' bits are as follows:
- Tyre pressure monitoring is disconnected (i bought it like this and never felt the need to buy new sensors and get it connected)
- Drivers side door soft close temperamental
- Drivers seat showing wear by bolster - have been quoted £170 to revive professionally but just never got around to it.
- One touch ID has never been programmed (got it like this and requires dealer to enable)
- 4 rings (logo) missing from the top engine cover - didn't come with it when I bought it
- About 1x per month, the parking brake gives an error. Applying and releasing the brake button a few times always cures this

The private plate will stay with me and the original will be put back on.

I am looking for £9,500 given the spec and the maintenance. I am not in a rush, but if you're interested, please give me a shout. At the moment, it's not yet for sale anywhere else as it would be great if it went to a forum member.

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group

Last edited by Oli18; 24th September 2017 at 02:05 PM.