A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 21st April 2015, 09:46 AM

Default TerraClean

Hi all

Just wanted to see if any one has had this done to there A8 and if so how they found it. I have seen some good reports on it so far....There is a place nere me in Nott called Tuna Garage that seem very good and know what they are talking about .....

Thanks all
Steve
Old 21st April 2015, 10:10 AM

Had my S8 Terracleaned weekend before last. Took about 30-40minutes and it was quite spectacular watching 15 years of crap get kicked out the back through the exhaust.

Unfortunately when I left the garage I was driving it straight to another garage to leave it with them to have the exhaust tinkered with and also fresh discs and pads fitted while I've been in Amsterdam and Rotterdam for a week, so I'm itching to pick it up this afternoon!

Will report back if I notice any MPG gain etc. in the next few days.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 21st April 2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
Had my S8 Terracleaned weekend before last. Took about 30-40minutes and it was quite spectacular watching 15 years of crap get kicked out the back through the exhaust.

Unfortunately when I left the garage I was driving it straight to another garage to leave it with them to have the exhaust tinkered with and also fresh discs and pads fitted while I've been in Amsterdam and Rotterdam for a week, so I'm itching to pick it up this afternoon!

That would be great would love to know as if its good will give it a try at the weekend.

thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 10:18 AM

I've had it done on smaller cars in the past as well. Fiesta ST and Fiesta Zetec, and both responded positively to the Terraclean so I would recommend it for £120
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 21st April 2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post

That would be great would love to know as if its good will give it a try at the weekend.

thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 10:55 AM

There seems to be a lot of controversy all over the internet about this. Some people swear by it, others say it's snake oil, etc...

I've yet to find any sort of definitive, independent review of it, or the long term effects anywhere, despite it having been around for a good few years now.

It's certainly interesting, knowing the coking problems that the VAG FSI engines seem to suffer from. I'd have it done if I could find some good stuff about it.
2007 Audi S8, with Rear Seat Entertainment, Quad Zone Climate, DAB/DVB and electric blinds. ** sold **
Old 14th May 2015, 08:07 PM

I can't vouch for what it's like on an Audi but I had it done on my 1994 Cavalier Turbo and the results were really impressive.

I was sceptical going in, so we arranged an emissions test before and after at a local garage. The before test was embarrassing - the car smoked out the garage and would have failed an MOT miserably. 20-ish minutes later and we went back to the garage and the MOT tester couldn't believe his eyes! He emerged from the car holding the two results sheets beside each other saying "what the *&%$ did you do to it?!?!".

The drive before and after was night and day.

I can't recommend it enough and it'll probably be one of the first trips I make once I buy my Audi. I also had it done on my 3.0 petrol Volvo and although the difference was noticeable, it wasn't as shocking as the Cavalier.

In case anyone's interested, the company I used in Milton Keynes has an offer on right now of £10 off per car. I want to stress that I'm not affiliated with either the company or Terraclean - just a happy customer.
Old 14th May 2015, 08:34 PM

I've done it on two cars, missus 1.4 petrol Golf, with visible improvement and on my 8 where difference wasn't that noticeable, but that could be due to the fact that I'm maintaining it on regular basis and often use Wurth's injector cleaner, fuel system cleaner etc.
But for sure it didn't harm the engine in any way.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 15th May 2015, 10:48 AM

There was a post on FB the other night with what looked like Gregor's car (cant remember username) 77-something maybe? Has a 3.7 in Blue - getting done - maybe if hes still about he can offer up his views