A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 14th January 2014, 07:21 PM

Definitely looking good man, that colour is lush,looks deep enough to swin in.

Old 24th January 2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Definitely looking good man, that colour is lush,looks deep enough to swin in.
Thanks - it's definitely one of the best features

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
looking good Oli, just realised your number plate suggests your car started life as a Scot
I think you're right but how can you tell?!

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 24th January 2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli18 View Post
I think you're right but how can you tell?!
This will help..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...as_territories
Old 24th January 2014, 09:20 PM

indeed anything starting with "S" is from up here, hope you intend bringing it "home" in June??

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 13th February 2014, 06:24 PM

Default Bag hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
indeed anything starting with "S" is from up here, hope you intend bringing it "home" in June??
Haha - it's my wedding anniversary so doubt i'll get away with it...i might try and float it past Mrs Oli18 after i give the valentines flowers!

I've not managed to do a whole lot on the car recently as I have enjoyed driving it to Holland for 2 weeks earlier this month. I did however go ahead and retrofit a couple of grocery bag hooks for in the boot so that it stops the weekly shop from flying across the boot on the way home

Part number 1K5867615 - there are eBay equivalents i.e. here - and fitted them last weekend to both sides.

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Last edited by Oli18; 13th February 2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 13th February 2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Haha - it's my wedding anniversary so doubt i'll get away with it...i might try and float it past Mrs Oli18 after i give the valentines flowers!

I've not managed to do a whole lot on the car recently as I have enjoyed driving it to Holland for 2 weeks earlier this month. I did however go ahead and retrofit a couple of grocery bag hooks for in the boot so that it stops the weekly shop from flying across the boot on the way home

Part number 1K5867615 - there are eBay equivalents i.e. here - and fitted them last weekend to both sides.

Oli

I have those bag hangers in the boot of my D3, are they extras then?.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 13th February 2014, 07:20 PM

Thanks for that Oli

Just went to check it and I've got them

You learn everyday....

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 13th February 2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Hi

Ian - i'm so glad I didn't make a change when i first got it...i wouldn't change it for the world now!

PhYcHe - They are Delta Mics hub centric wheel spacers. They are made of steel rather than aluminium alloy - unlike my previous Eibach and H&Rs which were are about 2lbs lighter but i wasn't that bothered - the important thing for me was that it had the TRACK+ configuration where you first bolt the spacer to the hub and then the wheel on top rather than replacing the bolts with longer ones.

So another quick update on mods...I finally got around to fitting the CREE LED P21Ws and 501s, wiring and coding them as DRLs and OMG, what a difference. The photos don't quite do it justice but the difference is quite remarkable. It may be one of my favourite mods so far. It makes the car look much fresher, newer and up-to-date...and it's not really that old yet either!

I wanted to thank M-A8 for his DRL retrofit 'how-to'

Cheers,

Oli

Before: (Sorry for the crummy pic...it's the only one i could find...doh!)

After:

Great stuff Oli
What a difference !!!

By the way, where is the S8 grille mate ???
Can't wait to see it on your car.
You could consider this http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7526

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 13th February 2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
By the way, where is the S8 grille mate ???
Can't wait to see it on your car.
Still haven't got around to it....it's been a little on the rainy side (not sure if you've seen the news ) so have put it off until the weather gets better

Oli

Old 13th February 2014, 07:39 PM

By the way, I don't know if you've noticed, but it clearly says NO PARKING

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10

Tags
4.2, audi, tdi