A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 25th March 2011, 04:03 PM

Default MMI Update Fun

Afternoon All
Updated my MMI with the 55.7.0 update earlier this week, as I am hoping to get an AMI for the ipod in the near future.
Everything appeared to have gone through OK kept the engine running and the system rebooted fine.
However I have lost the Battery Meter as anticipated, but also the two trip menus on the MMI although they still work on the dash. My TV now has no sound and whilst it gets a picture clearly there is just static noise. Never had this issue before.

The CD changer doesn't play MP3 CDrom's although it didn't before should this have been changed by the update?

The bluetooth phone seems unchanged and still have to be paired every time when starting the car, and the phone book doesn't work still.

Apart from 3d mapping I haven't seens anything else of use and no additional Bose sound controls are showing.

I have been told this may be a component protection mode issue and that a reset will sort this. I have today visited the local Audi dealers, (after giving up on them ever calling me back and waiting two days..things haven't changed from when I last had an Audi in 04 then ).
The service staff don't seem to know anything apart from how busy they are and they suggested this will take 1 hour and maybe more depending whats wrong!! They said it was the Sat Nav, but I pointed out that works fine
One hour seems a tad excesive to me but I guess they only work in complete hours
Does anyone know of an independant in the midlands who can manage an MMI reset? and put back the missing parts of my system.
Blimey they don't make updating these things easy do they.
Cheers
Glyn
Old 25th March 2011, 05:00 PM

The CD Changer only plays mp3's if the hardware is correct, the update alone wont do it, i hoped for the same thing, but once you get the AMI in you will never touch the cd again

I had something similar on the TV front, but i just went in to settings and set it up again, think i changed the settings to another country and NTSC, saved it went back and redid it and it worked.

You shouldnt have to pair every time on the bluetooth, but its hard to say whats wrong, each phone has different bluetooth on mine i think it asks if you want to remember it (might be the phone) but is different on the gf's phone, what phone have you got, if i can get one iwill give it a try.

When i got component protection on mine, you know it immediately. the amplifier only played on the right side speakers. dont know if there is different types of protection. VAGCOM will tell you if its in component protection mode, just do a scan

Either Vagcom or the hidden menu can put the menu back for the computer 1 and 2 (and the battery meter) cant remember which, theres been posts on it so just google it.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 25th March 2011, 05:13 PM

Thanks
I might try that with the TV
Next step is to find someone with the Vagcom thing who is need of some beer tokens then
I really object to having Audi change me for something thats easily sorted
The pointers are much appreciated
Cheers
Glyn

ps just nipped out and sorted the TV so sound restored.
Out of interest what additional features have people added on their BOSE controls as nothing appeared on mine
Thanks

Last edited by Glync; 25th March 2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 25th March 2011, 05:54 PM

Where are you?
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 25th March 2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glync View Post
Thanks
I might try that with the TV
Next step is to find someone with the Vagcom thing who is need of some beer tokens then
I really object to having Audi change me for something thats easily sorted
The pointers are much appreciated
Cheers
Glyn

ps just nipped out and sorted the TV so sound restored.
Out of interest what additional features have people added on their BOSE controls as nothing appeared on mine
Thanks
I went to Audi Warrington and Leeds, who pretty much denied that they knew what component protection was, in the end Craigyb helped me out with his connections in manchester , took about 30 minutes

no idea about extra bose controls, ive always had a bose setting, that lets you set surround to back or front, do you have that one?

Nick

Old 25th March 2011, 06:37 PM

Hi Nick
I'm a couple of miles south from East Mids Airport off the A42

The Bose controls set the focus area which I have set to "driver"
It also has the usual bass treble and faders on the menue previous, I assumed there was something else as all that was there before.

You have put my mind at rest as I thought I'd b*ggered the system!

I might try another phone on the bt and make sure its not just the phone thats causing the phonebook issue. Although it's strange that everytime I have to re enter the passcode to the phone and ask it to connect although it is set to accept the Audi connection. It worked fine in the Jag before.

Cheers
Glyn
Old 25th March 2011, 06:40 PM

Im up in Leeds, maybe someone close to you will perk up

Old 25th March 2011, 06:43 PM

Cheers mate
I worked in Leeds for a couple of years in Hosforth and Yeadon
Thanks for the pointers and advice
Might sleep tonight! Although the wine will help me thinks
Cheers
Glyn
Old 25th March 2011, 10:59 PM

Might be worth checking to see if the updates will run again, maybe it didn't update the bluetooth.

The Bose fixes were really just for sound quality as far as I can see.

I know.. I know..

Old 26th March 2011, 09:16 AM

Thanks
The first disc doesn't do anything now as everything is set to n or n/a. I assume as this has recognised the update has been done
Should I just run the second disc again?

Cheers