A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 9th January 2012, 11:36 AM

Default Nurburgring Nordschliefe in 2012

Hi,
I've been having a look at the Calendar for the Nordschleife as a ring trip was mentioned in passing for April/May.

There are only 3 weekends right now that seem any good. 6th -8th April (Easter w/e), 11th-13th May and 26th-28th May.

Of these 26th May would be my preference as its the weekend before the 2012 Jubilee 4 day weekend (2nd - 5th June). I'd rather avoid the Easter weekend for the obvious congestion and more costly ferries.

So who's interested and for what dates?

FYI - The hotel we have used in the past is still €75 per night (Double room inc B&B). Ferries curiously are more that last year (£114 inc Priority boarding), so maybe we should think about the Tunnel as its the same price. Aside from that you just need fuel, ring tickets and beer money.....
Old 9th January 2012, 03:30 PM

26th - 28th is Monaco GP weekend (which is where I'll be) which might explain the ferry costs - I go down the previous weekend, stay for 2 weeks
Old 9th January 2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
26th - 28th is Monaco GP weekend (which is where I'll be) which might explain the ferry costs - I go down the previous weekend, stay for 2 weeks
No the prices are over 50% higher than last year for all the cheapest tickets at any time. The liquidation of SeaFrance is being felt.....
Old 9th January 2012, 08:28 PM

26th may is best for me

ps. count me in
Old 9th January 2012, 08:34 PM

Thats the weekend before we were planning our annual meet, so will it put people off coming to both so close together? also is everyone ok with the annual meet being the Jubilee weekend? Personally from my point of view it saves taking an extra day off to come to the annual meet so its fine, but what about others?

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 9th January 2012, 11:33 PM

I usually find the Dover - Dunkerque route a bit cheaper, hope that helps
Old 10th January 2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I usually find the Dover - Dunkerque route a bit cheaper, hope that helps
Amen to that, I think only norforkline operate out to Dunkerque, takes about two hours.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 10th January 2012, 04:24 PM

Doubt I'd do both... Then again, the 'ring is debateable for me again this year.

I know.. I know..

Old 10th January 2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Thats the weekend before we were planning our annual meet, so will it put people off coming to both so close together? also is everyone ok with the annual meet being the Jubilee weekend? Personally from my point of view it saves taking an extra day off to come to the annual meet so its fine, but what about others?
End of May works best for me for Nurburgring (tho' I won't be able to confirm that till nearer the time). A planned holiday in Ireland may clash with the annual meet, depending on when that starts - so please put me down as "likely" for Germany, and "tentative" for the Lakes/Blackpool/etc
Old 8th February 2012, 10:01 AM

Hi,
I want to propose a date for the trip and then confirm numbers.

Just so you know the dates I suggested are based on the weekend opening times for the Nordschleife. Opening times especially during the week are much more limited than last year, plus there seems to be a paucity of weekend availability. The weekends proposed are the only one's with Sat & Sun running.

I understand the question from Neil about the annual meet and this potentially clashing, but the plan for me was to take the week off in between Nordschleife and Annual Meet to attend both. (Assuming I'm still welcome)

The 26-28th May is the preferred date for those who replied so far. It also offers the benefit of having full day track time for Sat, Sun and Mon. So having had time to mull it over and now the need to begin planning who what and when. Who's coming then?

I'll start the list with myself at the top;-
Reffro