looks like a good job Andy
Cheers trouble

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 10th August 2017, 01:38 PM

Found it!

Car looks nice and clean mate, really well looked after (ding aside) but repaired to high quality.

Any plans for it?
Old 10th August 2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
Found it!

Car looks nice and clean mate, really well looked after (ding aside) but repaired to high quality.

Any plans for it?
Cheers

Just use it to be honest.
Need to change the brake fluid soon and also replace the boots - nothing else!

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 14th April 2018, 07:56 PM

Decided to keep it - over the next few months the plan is to upgrade the stereo (completed this week), get the wheels refurbed, hit it with a lowering stick and if I have any money left, get the engine to produce more power

A few pics of the new stereo:

The unit is brilliant - running Android (version 8) with octocore processor, 4Gb of Ram and 32Gb of Rom.
Works very well and with the Bose system sounds so much better than the original head unit

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 14th April 2018, 10:10 PM

Excellent. I’d really like an Android head unit in the 8, alas that won’t happen.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 14th April 2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
Decided to keep it - over the next few months the plan is to upgrade the stereo (completed this week), get the wheels refurbed, hit it with a lowering stick and if I have any money left, get the engine to produce more power

A few pics of the new stereo:

The unit is brilliant - running Android (version 8) with octocore processor, 4Gb of Ram and 32Gb of Rom.
Works very well and with the Bose system sounds so much better than the original head unit
looks really nice that Andy, what make is it, cant make out the name in the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
Excellent. I’d really like an Android head unit in the 8, alas that won’t happen.
Yeah would love to do similar with my D2 but not sure how easy it would be, only things I miss on it really are DAB radio and the ability to stream music via bluetooth..but also want to keep it looking close to oem as well

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 14th April 2018, 10:57 PM

Bluetooth is dead easy, loads of adaptors for the RNS. I've got an Xcarlink but there are other solutions.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 14th April 2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Bluetooth is dead easy, loads of adaptors for the RNS. I've got an Xcarlink but there are other solutions.
I had the Xcarlink in the TT but the Bluetooth was pretty rubbish (OK for phone but for audio I found very lacking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
looks really nice that Andy, what make is it, cant make out the name in the pics

Yeah would love to do similar with my D2 but not sure how easy it would be, only things I miss on it really are DAB radio and the ability to stream music via bluetooth..but also want to keep it looking close to oem as well
It's an EONON unit (GA2170).
Regards the RNS/D2 situation - their are loads of head units that will replace the installed unit and give you all the modern stuff - I know people on the TT forum have installed Android (and other) units and got them to work properly.

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 15th April 2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I have a similar offering from Connects2, without the Bluetooth option, and it works well with SD card or USB stick, but plugging phone into line in jack results in a very muffled, distorted sound. Got a Parrot kit for phone

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 15th April 2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
I had the Xcarlink in the TT but the Bluetooth was pretty rubbish (OK for phone but for audio I found very lacking)
Strange, I find it very good, even for classical music. And my S8 doesn't even have Bose!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!