A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 4th May 2014, 05:36 PM

Default MMI Remote

Going through ETKA and came across a MMI remote.

Anyone seen one or know anything about it?

Part number
4E0 035 207 C - Remote control.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 5th May 2014, 07:18 AM

I have one of these. It also comes with a separate remote for the rear seat entertainment. All fits in the rear center arm rest. I can show you a pic when i get home from work.
Old 5th May 2014, 12:38 PM

That be great if you could thanks.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 5th May 2014, 01:00 PM

Hi Darren
Is it really something you would use for MMI??
Rear seat entertainment I get it, but MMI couldn't be any closer, could it??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 5th May 2014, 01:19 PM

Something for the passengers to do?
If they felt the ride was to harsh, they might want to make it comfy.
Old 5th May 2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
Something for the passengers to do?
If they felt the ride was to harsh, they might want to make it comfy.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I get it, BUT NO!!!!!!!!!!!
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH MY CONTROLS, unless they are behind the wheel which is IMPOSSIBLE

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 5th May 2014, 06:34 PM

it wont just work on any MMI, i think you need the rear seat entertainment, if you look in elsa you will see references on how to pair the remote with the car, but from memory the button is only on equipment for the rse
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th May 2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Remote control: activating, initializing and testing
Activating the remote control
– Insert the correct batteries in the remote control: → Owner's Manual.
– Press any key on the remote control.
A red LED should light up on the remote control.
– If the red LED does not light up, check the batteries and ensure they are properly inserted.
– After the batteries have been installed, the remote control must be initialized.
Initializing the remote control
– Switch on ignition.

– Press the -C- button on the digital TV tuner -R171-.
To do so, use a 2.5 mm hexagon key or similar.
– Simultaneously (or at least within 1 second) press the “MENU” button on the remote control.
– Switch to “TV” at the multimedia operating unit -E380-.
“TV” should appear on the front information display unit -J685-.
– Check if anolog TV reception is available.
Please note that analog TV reception may vary according to your current location.
– Switch to “External AV source” at the multimedia operating unit -E380-.
“External AV source” should appear on the front information display unit -J685-.
– Connect up the vehicle diagnosis, testing and information system -VAS 5051 A-.
– Carry out self-diagnosis for TV tuner -R78- → Chapter.
Can't see much on ETKA about different TV tuners or remote based tuners.
Old 22nd July 2014, 08:38 PM

Couple of people have asked me if they can see a pic of my MMI remote so here it is. It fits in the armrest next to the Alpine rear seat entertainment remote as you can see in the pic. Also i think it works via bluetooth as you do not need to point it anywhere for it to work. If anybody wants to have a look at it then i will be at AITP

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140722_16_08_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	8613   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140722_16_08_36_Pro.jpg
Views:	1363
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	8614  
Old 1st August 2014, 07:56 AM
Banned

Darren can you post lots of pictures for me for the RSE ..im half way through retro fitting it and I might be missing some connectors in the boot there seems to be a red connector and a brown one that have no where to connect into ?

I have seats installed wired up I can turn them on but I only get a blue screen saying navigation.

Any ideas ? In the boot is there an extra box or is it just plumb straight into the tv tuner ?