A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 18th October 2016, 01:05 PM

Default Shipping goods to Germany

Hi folks

Any recommendations for sending parcels to Germany in a reasonable timescale with acceptable balance of cost/risk?!

Looks like I'll be sending both cats from my car off for new internals, so they're obviously quite large components and I'd rather they didn't get smacked about too much......

Thoughts?!

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 18th October 2016, 01:09 PM

You just missed Vera returning to Dortmund!
Sorry I cant be more help
Old 18th October 2016, 01:14 PM

Fortunately, in this case, it's a completely different part of Germany otherwise I'd be really pee'd off

Company is based nr Stuttgart, so about 3.5-4 hours South of Dortmund

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 18th October 2016, 01:18 PM

When do you need to send these? There's a (slim) chance I'll be driving to Stuttgart to visit my son, but it's unlikely to be be until at least mid-November...
Old 18th October 2016, 01:18 PM

I've used DPD via ParcelMonkey without problems.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 18th October 2016, 01:23 PM

I can highly recommend Transglobal Express. They can give you an online quote for various different options and couriers so you can pick what you want. Their customer service is excellent
Old 18th October 2016, 01:33 PM

+1 for Transglobal Express.

I've sent five 20" alloys to Germany using them before along with a couple of smaller parcels and always fast service, reliable and above all, cheapest.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 18th October 2016, 01:45 PM

Thanks all, that's really useful info.

tintin - thanks for the offer, but ideally I'll need these doing before then as it's got noticeably worse in a short space of time. A light rattle I was happy to live with, knowing they can go on for years like that, but after coming back from Birmingham I can tell it's worse.

In theory I have a buyer for my car, but I don't want to sell it without this being resolved first.

I've been quoted £140+vat+fitting for 'sports cats' but I have a feeling they'll be dangling off flexis and there's not much space in there for decent sized cans. The re-core option is about £750 to do both, which is still cheaper than the £950 each that Audi want for an exchange unit.

Old 18th October 2016, 07:43 PM

When i had a couple of 'sports cats' fitted they were welded into the original pipes as straightforward replacements for the originals.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagdream View Post
When i had a couple of 'sports cats' fitted they were welded into the original pipes as straightforward replacements for the originals.
yeah me too, and I think David has some from the same supplier (when it was Jim's car) never had any problems apart from the EML lights up every so often as the sports cats are OK for MOT, but they seem to be slightly outside Audi original Parameters. I also think they sound better than the originals as well.

Another option could be.... you cover my fuel costs on the RS6 and I would be happy to deliver them personally next week

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey