A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 21st July 2019, 07:08 PM

Default Disabling Door Entry Proximity (Advanced Key)

Does anybody know if it's possible to deactivate the keyless door entry?

I'm in the habit of checking the door handles to make sure car is locked and of course, it opens then because I have the key on me.

Perhaps this is a programmable item in VCDS?

Few other questions but breaking into different threads...

cheers lads
Old 21st July 2019, 07:51 PM

I would be interested to know this too. With all of the horror stories you hear/see of keyless thefts, it would be handy.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:04 AM

In theory it should be able to code out the keyless entry by telling the car it doesnt have that option, but I wouldnt know if it affected anything else when doing that. Why don't you do what I do and use a case to put your key into which acts like a faraday cage - lock your car, walk away, put the key into the pouch, then check your car is locked while the key is in the pouch.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 22nd July 2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandbuyer View Post
Does anybody know if it's possible to deactivate the keyless door entry?
There doesn't appear to be a way of disabling this feature on the likes of the D3, as I can't find anything about it.

Some newer models in the VAG range either have the option available in the MMI, or can be coded out with VCDS with the Long Coding option.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 22nd July 2019, 02:42 PM

Funny, most of the posts on keyless for the D3 seem to be "it doesn't work", "replace a handle"
Old 22nd July 2019, 05:45 PM

Not sure if the OP's question was the same as mine, but my question was would it be able to temporarily disable it? I know most Mercedes after a certain MY can be deactivated by pressing the button twice. This means the car can't be opened via keyless and more importantly stolen. Handy for locking the car at night and can be deactivated in the morning.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
Funny, most of the posts on keyless for the D3 seem to be "it doesn't work", "replace a handle"
Paul, that's a funny one. I only replaced the door handle with a brand new one a few months ago..!!
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
Not sure if the OP's question was the same as mine, but my question was would it be able to temporarily disable it? I know most Mercedes after a certain MY can be deactivated by pressing the button twice. This means the car can't be opened via keyless and more importantly stolen. Handy for locking the car at night and can be deactivated in the morning.
Hi, ideally i'd like to disable it. And just have lock/unlock using the actual keyfob buttons, not proximity based.

I "thought" i locked the car when in town shopping yesterday. Unfortunately not and i got cleaned out as the car was open. Hence my posts up here about this and also activating a chirp when the alarm is armed.

Perhaps I'm old school but i always like to actually check the door handle to make sure it's locked. And of course you can't do that with proximity based locking....
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Paul, that's a funny one. I only replaced the door handle with a brand new one a few months ago..!!
In all seriousness, if you can’t find a better solution I suspect unplugging the handles would achieve what you want without many side effects
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Hi, ideally i'd like to disable it. And just have lock/unlock using the actual keyfob buttons, not proximity based.

I "thought" i locked the car when in town shopping yesterday. Unfortunately not and i got cleaned out as the car was open. Hence my posts up here about this and also activating a chirp when the alarm is armed.

Perhaps I'm old school but i always like to actually check the door handle to make sure it's locked. And of course you can't do that with proximity based locking....
Does your car have a flashing light on the top of the door card near the B pillar? It should flash when locked and alarm is activated