A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 18th February 2015, 04:10 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Crumbs, I've not squinted at photos this hard in a long time. I've decided I don't think its an FE:

* Seems to have blinds
* Seems to have autodim mirrors
* Leather looks too dark to be silver
* No sign of extended leather
* Gearshift not in seat leather colour
* Still unconvinced they arrived in time for the 02 plate

But don't confuse my bit of columbo squinting fun as a dig, it isn't.

Nice car...
OK, mine is definitely a FE car and it has blinds, and no extended leather. And the gearshift is not in silver grey (the seat leather colour). But not autodim mirrors. There were differences in FE trim; I think the earlier red interior, for example, was a lot more extensive in the use of red leather than the later FEs. But I don't think I've seen a non-FE with the 2-tone steering wheel yet.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 19th February 2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I don't believe it is truly a final edition as Ebony black was the only official final edition black, and no '02' plate car has ever been a final edition to my knowledge.

That said - It looks lovely, well cared for and I'm sure is one of the finest examples of a late D2 out there
My old FE had a 52 plate before the plate change and i think Adrians is to..
Old 19th February 2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Does it matter if it's an FE or not?
It does to collectors.
Old 19th February 2015, 10:02 AM

Either way, its a lovely car and should fetch high 5s imo.
Old 19th February 2015, 10:16 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

If we can get a couple of good piccies of the door mirrors and interior rear view mirror (although that's easy to change) plus the steering wheel, I think that'll clinch it.

In original FE spec it should have standard (non auto dimming) mirrors and a '2-tone' steering wheel. If it does, then it looks to be the same as mine and moltuae's. The seats should be silver grey (not platinum) although the build sticker might say they are platinum (mine does).

Oh, and it shouldn't have a heated front screen if it's an FE. The right hand 'cubby hole' in the boot will have a full cover on it if it has.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 19th February 2015, 10:28 AM

when i sold my FE a few months back, i was completely gobsmacked at how much interest i had. I had over 1000 hits in a short space of time and could have sold the car a handful of times over albeit it had 175k on it. I had spent a fortune on it but that aside, given the mileage was suprised i got 3500 for it. In fact i think i could have got more - how much im not sure. 500 - 1000 perhaps but then i needed a quickish sale at the time..
Old 19th February 2015, 10:41 AM

It seems weird that so many good S8's (FE or not!) come up for sale within such a short period of time, especially with the price of fuel so low at the moment? When numbers are dwindling I'd have thought owners would be hanging onto good examples?

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 19th February 2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
It seems weird that so many good S8's (FE or not!) come up for sale within such a short period of time, especially with the price of fuel so low at the moment? When numbers are dwindling I'd have thought owners would be hanging onto good examples?
I certainly would, if possible, if I had a nice tidy Final Edition.

When I pick up my D2 in a couple of weekends time, it'll be a nice change filling the tank for a bit less than the £100-£110 it took to fill my D3 for the last couple of years!

Norretal, how far does a full tank get you in the D3 S8, on average?
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 19th February 2015, 11:08 AM

I hear you Ollie, it makes a massive difference putting £80 to £85 compared to £110+ I was putting in a short while ago, even if it's only a psychological difference. Fortunately I don't have to do it very often, I wouldn't have the S8 if I did a lot of miles. On a decent run I've seen just over 21MPG average, local short journeys kill it and I see less than 15MPG. So for that reason alone, whenever I take it off the drive I make a point of going the "long way round" and make a point of getting it warmed up fully and ensure some spirited driving is enjoyed

For me personally it's not much different to my D2, because my circumstances haven't changed since I changed cars. Neither excel on a trip to the shops for milk, but both show their true worth when their "legs are stretched" on decent roads

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 19th February 2015, 11:40 AM

£35 to fill up and I get 200 miles from that in the S8....

............LPG of course