A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 9th July 2018, 10:00 PM

Default Life has to go on

I have to admit that I have been finding it hard but I am lucky that I have kids and grandkids geeing me up.
I've started back at work.
Sunday covered a trip to Pontefract for the Liqourice Festival.
Today I've started a five day Warners holiday tour to Cricket St Thomas near Chard in Somerset.
Grand hotel, great grub and Thursday is my day off (for driver's hours) so I'll be able to have a ride on the West Somerset steam train.
Life is good.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 9th July 2018, 10:25 PM

Great to hear, enjoy
Old 9th July 2018, 10:47 PM

Thanks for the update Ray, glad to hear that you're keeping busy - not just with work, but with the rest of your lovely family: keep in touch, you know where we are

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 9th July 2018, 10:53 PM

Chard is only an hour and a bit from me (by car). You're welcome to pop over to the workshop if you fancy a coffee and a tour of the vaguely-organised chaos, although I guess you can't exactly tootle off in a bus! Plenty of parking space in the yard though
Old 9th July 2018, 11:25 PM

Good on you Ray! Inspirational stuff

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.
Old 10th July 2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Blueeyes View Post
Good on you Ray! Inspirational stuff
Beat me to it with Inspirational.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 10th July 2018, 05:08 PM

Thanks Michaela. Only one day off and I cannot drive the bus on that day (driving hours).
I fully intend on making a nuisance of myself with you sometime when I am nearer, just don't hold your breath, never know what I'm doing and when.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 11th July 2018, 10:14 AM

Glad to read this Ray. People often give out advice at times like this, and say how the deceased partner wouldn’t want you to be sad or do this or that etc, etc. You’re the one who has to deal with the reality of yours and your family’s life continuing. You know what to do. Look after yourself mate.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 11th July 2018, 10:38 AM

Default Life carries on...

I hope Ray doesn't mind me posting this, but I've found this song inspiring when I've lost family members in recent years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4d_ilHsFjc

The lyrics (and delivery) are very honest, and ultimately uplifting: stay close Ray. see you soon.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 11th July 2018, 03:40 PM

No worry Stephen, I appreciate the thoughts.
It's the silly little things that get me. Just got back to my room and thought I'll phone Gwen to update her.
I'm finding that I can talk about her without collapsing in tears. As Craig said at the service "It don't get better just easier".
Maybe I am rushing things but I need to keep going.