A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 23rd December 2014, 09:16 PM

Smile

Hello All

Lift Mode :- when the car was first recovered from VOSA the front suspension was all the way down , i couldnt get it back up even with VCDS , i would of loved to use lift mode because they caught the rear bumper which pulled the 2 fixings from the bot floor and marked the bottom of the front bumper ,they were useless.

On another note the car is now up and running , looks like it was a fault in the loom to the fuel pumps in the tank.
The garage sent someone out today and they have got the car started and it now starts on the button every time.

It has been for an MOT this afternoon and passed with no advisories!!!

So all I had to do was tax it , this is were the DVLA has scuppered me with there incompetence.
With the car being a Category C it is supplied with no V5 or MOT as the car has to go to a VIC check at VOSA before the DVLA will supply a new V5.I confirmed with the DVLA over the phone when i booked my VIC Check that once it was complete and it had an MOT i could go to the post office with a V62 ,Vic Check Pass certificate and my MOT and Insurance and i could tax the car then the new V5 would come in the post in the next 4 weeks.

This was also confirmed to my Dad in VOSA as they gave him a v62 with the pass certificate and he was told that after 48Hrs go to the post iffice with all the docs and you can tax the car.

So with my documents in hand i went to the post office and was then told you cant tax it at the post office , you need to send a v10,v62 , valid MOT and a cheque for the tax amount by post to the DVLA , the lady in the post office then told me she had many people coming in being told the same thing!!!!!!

So my car is sitting back on the drive with an MOT and insurance and i cant use it now until the DVLA process my forms.

Fuming is an under statement !

Once it had a wash i will post some photos , at least it gives me some time to repair the gears on my MMI .

Thanks again for all your assistance over the last couple of weeks!!!
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:20 PM

Flippin' 'eck!

Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

At least it runs!

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 24th December 2014, 03:18 AM

Tax it online. Mine was cat B writeoff, owner before me drove it for a year without doing VIC, it was taxed and MOT'd, I had insurance, passed MOT and taxed it online and was driving for more than year without going to VIC. Finally put it through VIC when different insurance company I changed to next year refused to insure it without going to VIC first.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 24th December 2014, 01:08 PM

I'd go with the online option.. Also lets you do direct debit.

If DVLA have all the info on their system, then you're good to go for tax, rather than waiting for paperwork to arrive.

I know.. I know..

Old 24th December 2014, 07:44 PM

I wish it was that easy , I cant tax it online because I have no V5 or tax reminder as the car isn't registered to me yet.

To apply online you'll need either:

the 16 digit reference number on your vehicle tax renewal letter (V11)
the 11 digit reference number on your log book (V5C)
the 12 digit reference number on your New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) if you've just bought the vehicle

I have non of these as the car was a cat C.

Before they closed all the DVLA offices you could go to the DVLA office and do it no problem , they then closed them all and we know have to pay the penalty for there penny pinching.
Old 24th December 2014, 08:05 PM

They will probably process the application faster than you getting the paperwork back.

Keep running a DVLA tax check against your reg number, and when it shows as taxed you can use the car even if you have no paperwork back.

Working as I do with local/central government, most departments are working normally over christmas (except the bank holidays).
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 24th December 2014, 08:11 PM

Thats the plan Manny ,i will be calling them everyday next week (except Thursday) to see when its processed!!!!!!!!!!!