A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 10th April 2017, 08:04 PM

I have to say dealing with people trying to order online sometimes that the Bolton / Rochdale areas near Manchester are a particular hotbed of fraud / stolen card use and when challenged these people normally either hang up or try to bull**** you. avoid avoid avoid - take your flight and have a nice day in the city or something!!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 10th April 2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
I have to say dealing with people trying to order online sometimes that the Bolton / Rochdale areas near Manchester are a particular hotbed of fraud / stolen card use and when challenged these people normally either hang up or try to bull**** you. avoid avoid avoid - take your flight and have a nice day in the city or something!!
I have to say that is a huge generalisation and not fair - there are a lot of legitimate businesses and individuals in Bolton and Rochdale I'm sure - I'm not from either but I'm not far off
Old 10th April 2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
I have to say that is a huge generalisation and not fair - there are a lot of legitimate businesses and individuals in Bolton and Rochdale I'm sure - I'm not from either but I'm not far off
Paul I was very careful in what I said and I didn't generalise about the whole populations - I simply stated a fact that in MY dealings across the whole country there are a couple of areas where we regularly get SOME people trying it on and /or trying to use cards which are not theirs to have goods delivered - and I'm afraid that one area is there and the other is Slough / Uxbridge. In both cases we have also taken many orders and delivered them to those areas when they have checked out ok but they are area where we have to be particularly careful to "avoid being defrauded" in some cases. No offence meant but when people are trying to steal thousands of pounds off your business by defrauding you with other people's stolen cards then it does rather put the damper on your enthusiasm!

20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
Old 10th April 2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Paul I was very careful in what I said and I didn't generalise about the whole populations - I simply stated a fact that in MY dealings across the whole country there are a couple of areas where we regularly get SOME people trying it on and /or trying to use cards which are not theirs to have goods delivered - and I'm afraid that one area is there and the other is Slough / Uxbridge. In both cases we have also taken many orders and delivered them to those areas when they have checked out ok but they are area where we have to be particularly careful to "avoid being defrauded" in some cases. No offence meant but when people are trying to steal thousands of pounds off your business by defrauding you with other people's stolen cards then it does rather put the damper on your enthusiasm!
I don't believe your assertions are statistically sound nor are they really relevant to the thread, but hey your a moderator and I'm not so I will leave that to your better judgement.
Old 10th April 2017, 11:09 PM

Sorry but really don't understand why you even contemplated this at all, from what you say it's clearly very dodgy. Just glad you saw sense in the end and took advice from these chaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 10th April 2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
I don't believe your assertions are statistically sound nor are they really relevant to the thread, but hey your a moderator and I'm not so I will leave that to your better judgement.
As stated Paul they are sound to MY PERSONAL experiences - nobody else's, and they were relevant to the thread because the thread was about someone trading from an 01206 Bolton phone number who has now changed it to a Manchester one! My being a moderator has nothing to do with anything so not sure why you even mention it, my contributions to the forum of over 5000 posts and my views as a long standing member of the forum I guess will allow any other members to take what I say as I would expect, my personal opinion and experiences, and no doubt those that know me would know that I made them to contribute to the relevant discussion going on on this thread, so it is I that don't understand your strong protests on this one as I have neither moderated anything or tried to besmirch anyone in particular!

Old 11th April 2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
When's your flight (presumably to Manchester). To Neil's second point, you could have an nice day out in one of the UK's finest cities. Let me know, and if I'm around I may even pick you up from the airport

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 11th April 2017, 06:19 AM

Very nice, typical, offer from a Forum member, Steve(TinTin)..
Unfortunately Ricky's flight was to Exeter because that is where the "car" is supposed to be.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 11th April 2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
When's your flight (presumably to Manchester). To Neil's second point, you could have an nice day out in one of the UK's finest cities. Let me know, and if I'm around I may even pick you up from the airport

Very decent of you buddy ! Thank you !

But as Ray has already said my flight was to Exeter and I was supposed to fly today. Have already made other plans so the flight has been forgot about.
Old 11th April 2017, 10:29 PM

Exeter is lovely for a day out

Report your experience to these guys here

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

As for paying a deposit without viewing, I think it depends where you're buying from. I bought a car last week with a phone deposit subject to inspection (paid on credit card for protection just in case), picked it up today, happy days
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011