A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 25th February 2016, 11:14 PM

Have to add, mine was only a problem with the protective cover with the pearl 2way fix
Old 25th February 2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
Hmmmm... I never have difficulties with the iso-fix either. .
I think it's something to do with the Isofix base for our current seat, the catches are quite bulky.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 29th February 2016, 09:58 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions. We spend a few hours in Mothercare and Halfords looking at car seats and thought that the Joie suited what we wanted (Isofix, rear facing), only to be told by the shop assistant that it "hadn't been tested with that year car, only from 2003 onwards. We'll have to call them on Monday and get back to you"

They called back to say exactly what they said in-store, so we've decided not to bother with that and have ordered a Besafe Izi Kid X3 and a seat protector online at a better price. It has good reviews too, just hope the little one likes it!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 29th February 2016, 10:21 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of isofix approvals for older models. Unless they're i-size seats they will fit but the angles and support may not be quite right so you have to make a judgement.

Isofix was supposed to be universal, but ended up as 'semi-universal' or completely incomprehensible depending on your point of view! Our Maxicosi was never approved for the s8 or A6 we had at the time. I worked on isofix during its development and it does cut down significantly on the risk of an incorrect fit, as well as being more secure in the vehicle.

The BeSafe is bloody well made - when you look at high back boosters when you get to that stage the quality is light years ahead of most of the rest. We have the izi up fix for our son, so is nearly 6 and has been in it on weight grounds since he hit the 18kg weight limit on his old seat way before he hit 3!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC