A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 15th April 2016, 02:41 AM

Default Same for me

I had my battery replaced a few weeks ago, after having to obtain a jump start from a colleague at work after the battery died. It was only showing as 10.8V so I'm not entirely sure how I even got to work that day!

Original battery had long since been replaced when I bought the car in 2010, so I went for the Bosch Silver battery from Harry Halfords in 2012. That lasted up until recently, and was replaced under the 5 year warranty.

My new battery is exactly the same as Adrian's one, Yuasa Silver 5000, part number HSB019.
Old 15th April 2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Looked up the specs of the battery I put in mine just over a year ago. It's a Yuasa Silver 5000 part number HSB019. RRP is £119 now (it was £120 when I bought mine) and with halfords trade card it cost £95.99

Spec of the previous OEM battery was 95Ah 450A DIN/760A EN/SAE and part number 000 915 105DK for PR code J1G at £167.78 RRP
If you have PR code J0Z it requires a 110Ah battery (presume for heated front screen?) and is part number 000 915 105DL and £193.94. This is the same as in our S5 which I changed recently and got one for £140.60 from TPS.

The Halfords one matches the spec of the OEM for mine so a worthwhile saving and a longer warranty than OEM (it's only 2 years)
thats interesting re J0z - tried a couple of option decoders, suggests j0z is the code for the 110ah battery itself.

I have a HFS (unsure of option code) but only have a 95ah battery.
Old 15th April 2016, 09:55 AM

Assuming you have the pr code for a 95ah battery it suggests it's for something other than heated front screen then. Was the only thing that sprung to mind as being particularly high current draw and also a rare option. Might be specced for cold climates?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th April 2016, 11:02 AM

I have option J1G which is a 450A 92ah battery.

And I have 4GM fitted which is:
Laminated windshield, with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number, heated

Mine is otherwise lacking options like sunroof and rear seat heating which could explain why a smaller battery is deemed ok.

Thought I was going to have to get the wallet out again!
Old 15th April 2016, 01:43 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post

My new battery is exactly the same as Adrian's one, Yuasa Silver 5000, part number HSB019.
Ditto!

I went to Halfords on my way home yesterday to get the battery checked. It was showing just 290A (instead of 900A), so definitely due for a change. In the end I had it replaced there and then. With a 5 year guarantee and free fitting (which can be a really awkward back-breaker in the D2 '8), I decided that was good enough for me!

Thanks everyone for your input on this.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 18th April 2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Ditto!

I went to Halfords on my way home yesterday to get the battery checked. It was showing just 290A (instead of 900A),
I consider myself well and truly beaten - mine showed up as 510A when tested but was still replaced under warranty. Now I only have just over a year left on the warranty as it was purchased in April 2012, but I'm sure that this battery will last about the same length of time, fingers crossed. The difference in starting the old V8 is massive, super-quick.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
The difference in starting the old V8 is massive, super-quick.
Mine too! She's gone from "do I really have to" to "yeah, let's go!"
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 18th April 2016, 01:49 PM

So which maker/spec did you go for in the end from Halfords Jim?
Old 18th April 2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
So which maker/spec did you go for in the end from Halfords Jim?
See 3 posts up ^^^^^

My new battery is exactly the same as Adrian's and Johnny Quattros's, Yuasa Silver 5000, part number HSB019.
Old 28th May 2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
See 3 posts up ^^^^^

My new battery is exactly the same as Adrian's and Johnny Quattros's, Yuasa Silver 5000, part number HSB019.
Currently showing @ £119 at Halfords, so I may (finally...) bite the bullet before the Irish trip...Though your earlier post said you got free fitting, and the website says fitting is £10 - am I missing something?

Last edited by tintin; 28th May 2016 at 05:47 PM.