A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Everything Else

D4 - Everything Else Holding forum for all D4 banter until membership grows and we'll expand out

Old 5th April 2016, 02:51 PM

Default D4 Owners is this a standard feature

interested to know if this is a standard D4 feature or wether you need certain lights (adaptive or whatever) to have it

I saw yesterday while flicking through the D4 menu screens - under the exterior light options - An option that changes the lights for use while driving in europe - probably just flattens the beam, but a very useful feature for me
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom

Last edited by limoncello; 5th April 2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 5th April 2016, 03:18 PM

Yes, I believe it is. Also (on mind at least) that is the override, as it uses navigation data to automatically switch!
Old 5th April 2016, 03:32 PM

wow even better, what year is your and what lights do you have
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th April 2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
wow even better, what year is your and what lights do you have
2010 with Adaptive Xenon but I think the defining option is what version of navigation is fitted!
Old 5th April 2016, 04:25 PM

version as up to date or there are different versions

Old 5th April 2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
version as up to date or there are different versions
Take a look at the PDF brochures I posted up here http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11030

There are effectively two different navigation units, the only difference is that one supports mobile connectivity for on-line services which you can see from it having a SIM card slot in the middle of the two SD card readers in the dash. I am not 100% sure if you need online services for this feature to work or not, I don't have the manual to hand
Old 5th April 2016, 09:25 PM

The matrix lights are stunning, they have a whole life of their own and use gps data and cameras. Makes driving in the dark so much fun
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012
Old 6th April 2016, 12:06 AM

Yes you need online services for it to work properly, I had it in my A7 and with a permanent sim card in the dash. It downloads about 20-30 miles of detailed mapping information at a time in tranches and then uses that to do things like change the lights to point in the other direction if you have travelled across the channel. It also holds gears on the s tronic gearbox because it can then tell that certain bends are coming up ahead and there wouldn't be any reason to change up. It also used to feed into the cornering lights etc I think

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 6th April 2016, 01:48 AM

Wow. What a great feature.

While us D3ers don't even get tourist option on MMI, meaning I have to take my laptop abroad with us. All the same, nice to see the extent to which things have come on.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 6th April 2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
Wow. What a great feature.

While us D3ers don't even get tourist option on MMI, meaning I have to take my laptop abroad with us. All the same, nice to see the extent to which things have come on.
what do you need the laptop for?