A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 28th May 2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenjoe90
I'll give Darren an e-mail.
PM sent.

James
Old 5th June 2011, 10:38 PM

Just back from trip to S.France, will be getting my A8 up on the ramps this weekend coming to see if we can salvage the gearbox - if it's curtains, then I may be interested, so please keep us updated if the S8 sells.

Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenjoe90 View Post
just a few things i forgot

comes with phatnoise : this a hard drive sound system conected to the rns-d that you can store thousands of songs on( full of westlife songs )

comes with servotronic power steering: this reduces the amount of power steering as the speed increases. make parking very easy and gives better feel when driving.

all bulbs have been changed to LED: all interior lights, rear number plate lights. front fog lights are HID

All tires are filled with nitrogen

since i have owned it (two and a half years) she only ever run on shell v-power of bp ultimate( keeps all internals nice and clean)

also due to the stage 2 remap this is possibly the most economical D2 S8 out there and can easily get 30 mpg on a run.

may i quote you on the 30mpg !! i also would like a remap in my 40valve 4.2 A8 im wandering if i de-cat mine and get it remapped will i too be seeing over 30mpg given that i have the longer gear ratio's ?

Old 14th June 2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
may i quote you on the 30mpg !! i also would like a remap in my 40valve 4.2 A8 im wandering if i de-cat mine and get it remapped will i too be seeing over 30mpg given that i have the longer gear ratio's ?

I always thought that the a8 was more economical than the S8 so with a remap and a good service you should see better figures
Old 14th June 2011, 06:24 PM

30 mpg should be easy in a 4.2 A8. In an S8, even with the remap I cannot believe it. Reffro doesn't get 30, Darrens is a special car!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds