A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 30th January 2015, 07:21 PM

My full kit arrived from Germany this morning. The CD has a number of Audi "How2DoIts" in various languages. The English one is exactly the same as shown earlier in this thread.
I am attempting to attach a photo of the two steel bits that I will not be using. The aluminium pieces are exactly the same. All the spacers are actually plastic. By designating steel I meant the spacers for the A4, whilst aluminium is meant for A6/A8.
In retrospect I could not see any difference between them, but maybe the slot thickness???
The inclement weather and SWMBO are stopping me from doing all sorts of little jobs on the car, wish I had a big garage

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150130_184947[1].jpg
Views:	392
Size:	635.9 KB
ID:	10063  

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)

Last edited by tc4332; 14th February 2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 30th January 2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
The aluminium pieces are exactly the same.
y
Thanks for the info. do you think they are exactly the same but just made of different metal to stop galvanic corrosion?
Old 30th January 2015, 07:36 PM

To my uncalibrated eyeball they are physically exactly the same

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 31st January 2015, 04:42 PM

Installed the three jet using the spacers for the A8 so now I have two spare spacers that are for the A4.
Did not realise yesterday that the spacers have a longitudinal slot that fits over the bottom edge of the aperture. You cannot go wrong here because the piece is shaped to fit exactly. The attached photo shows one of the spare spacers with the ruler sitting in the slot. You can also see the size of it.
Only one problem, that is adjusting the jets. Being old fashioned I have always managed in the past using a sewing needle, but for these I will have to obtain a tool.
My opinion is that it is a worthwhile mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150131_155428.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	495.0 KB
ID:	10065  

Old 31st January 2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Only one problem, that is adjusting the jets. Being old fashioned I have always managed in the past using a sewing needle,
Me too, my second hand parts were adjusted within an inch of the correct target spots but the tools are £4 delivered on ebay anyway so might get one in the summer when I'm not using the expensive winter screenwash!

Carpet shops have long strong pins which might be suitable - they use them to attach paperwork and signs etc...

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 31st January 2015, 08:04 PM

I'm "pinning" my hopes on you!!!
I have ordered one of the £4 ones on fleebay. Machinemart have one but not in the shop, internet only.
My jets are way out but at speed they'll do till the postie drops my packet off.
Glad your window is OK. I made hay today while the sun was shining and no wind. Changed most of my interior lights to LEDs.

Old 31st January 2015, 09:09 PM

I use one of these.
http://www.mpdirect.co.uk/p/37264/dr...-4oaAnFr8P8HAQ

Works well.

tc4332, The A4 spacers, what would you want for them?
I can test out my Skoda jets and possibly try and get some more made for the rest of us.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 5th February 2015, 08:20 PM

I can't understand why these cars didn't have fan jets, my 51 plate passat had fan jets and rain sensing wipers, was a lot cheaper and also older

Fan jets are loads better than standard ones, I retro fitted them to my e39 as that was the same, I can't wait to get my rain and light sensor fitted though, I hate having to fiddle with the wiper settings all the time
Old 5th February 2015, 09:07 PM

I agree, I had a 51 Passat and the fan jets were awesome compared to 2 pistol jets and did not need adjusting even thought there was a small up and down adjustment you could do with your finger.
Old 7th February 2015, 07:16 AM

Bit of a update and I'll do a proper one with pics later.

The adapters that you guys had in the triple jet kit works with fan gets.

One set ofadapters at £2.30 from Audi and fan style jets, i got non heated skoda for this test at about £10 each but heated is £25 from Audi will fit and work.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.