A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th June 2018, 07:25 AM

1 of the hashing boards on D3 has failed. It had issues disappearing before but was always fine after restart, now restarts does not help and it's just out of warranty now. Should have logged issue with Bitmain earlier. I did contact them and explained that it has been ongoing issue just have not logged it before but they refused to repair under warranty as it's 10 days out now. On the plus side they did offer to repair it with estimated costs $35 + shipping which is very reasonable I think but postage both ways will probably add quite a bit on top of that. I was considering buying another one instead as there are couple of cheap ones on ebay and just use one and keep other for spares, maybe sell control board on it's own, control board is the same for D3 and L3+ as well just different firmware. There was one yesterday in auction that I was looking at and it went for £204 with PSU which is very cheap considering PSU sells for about £115-130 on it's own, I did not bid on it as I have seen another one on BuyItNow with PSU for £200 so was going to buy that instead but that had disappeared by the time auction ended.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure