A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 7th June 2011, 08:42 AM

Yeah, that's how it should be - mine had been bodged in the past with a glue gun!

Never took pics in the end of this, because the day after buying the trim my mirrors got stolen so the swapping of the trim got done by the bodyshop while they had it in to repair....
Old 12th March 2015, 05:53 PM

Digging up an old thread...

I need the driver and passenger front door lower mouldings - can anyone confirm the part numbers I need are:

4D0 854 939 A 3FZ
4D0 854 940 A 3FZ

Dropped off the car at the garage for the cambelt - whilst there got him to provide a quote, both of these are 164 + vat each
Old 12th March 2015, 06:21 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Have you tried the forum sponsor? Phone number at the top of the page
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 12th March 2015, 06:24 PM

I will if those prices are correct!
Old 12th March 2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornershop View Post
Digging up an old thread...

I need the driver and passenger front door lower mouldings - can anyone confirm the part numbers I need are:

4D0 854 939 A 3FZ
4D0 854 940 A 3FZ

Dropped off the car at the garage for the cambelt - whilst there got him to provide a quote, both of these are 164 + vat each
Holy ****! I just checked back through my invoices and in January 2011 the 939A one cost me £52.87+vat! That was brand new, with no discount, from Audi dealer

That's an insane price increase How on earth can they believe a 3 fold increase is justified?!

Goes off for 2 minutes to check something and I have good news

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...VER&model=0001

It's described as 'used' so may be soiled from storage - can't see them actually stocking a used piece of trim!

Unfortunately no 940A part by the looks of it

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 12th March 2015, 09:20 PM

Thanks Adrian! Have ordered that item
Old 12th March 2015, 10:27 PM

No probs - I've got £300 worth of stuff (3 items!) sitting in my basket which I can't quite bring myself to order lol

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 16th March 2015, 07:03 PM

I brought one of these from the forum sponsor last week. Less and £50 inc postage and a decent item too.

The glue between the plastic and metal fails over time. Not the best bit of design in all honesty, I was expecting the outer to be at least clipped onto the metal, not just dot and dabbed with a fixer.
Old 16th March 2015, 07:46 PM

I've got a new old stock item coming from ebay - there's a chap (dwb291195) selling a job lot of VAG parts which a Google search of the 940 part number led me to. This was one part in a bundle he's selling for £800 I believe.

It's got a few blemishes on it, however they're not deep so I'm planning a few coats of plastidip to even it out, will spray the rear door trim too for consistency.

£17.50 delivered, which is nice.
Old 19th March 2015, 09:40 AM

So these both turned up within 10 mins of each other today.

Thanks to Adrian, the one from Audi tradition does appear to be NOS! The second one from ebay is also NOS but with some battle scars from storage.

The main problem I see is that they look identical! I was expecting 939 and 940 to be different so wonder if theyve mixed up the packaging at some point - I can't see any part numbers on the trims only the bags they came in. I don't have the car with me to check, but won't be sending the 'spare' back, doesn't make sense for the price I picked them up for.