A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 22nd February 2016, 05:07 PM

Default Part Number?

Hi,

I tried to replace my upper control arms and ended up with a damaged bolt. My own stupidity but it sounds like they can be a bitch to remove.

I want to try and replace the bolt, does anyone know the part number or description for it?

Its the bolt where the two control arms come together. To confirm the housing it screws through is not threaded? It should come out without turning?

Old 22nd February 2016, 05:29 PM

The bolt will / should come all the way out, but might need the persuader.
I don't know the part number for it but i bought replacements for my D2 from dealer. I tried reusing it but it came loose and popped a arm off. The nuts are once only on the D2 as they're crushed for locking. I just referred to it as upper arm pinch bolt.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 22nd February 2016, 05:44 PM

9 N 10272302 hexagon collar nut self-locking M10
10 N 10576802 hexagon bolt M10 X 105 X 26

The housing is not threaded, but they corrode in due to steel vs. aluminium and even worse if coppaslip has been used. I had to drill one of mine and finish off tightening the nut against a greased washer which pulled it out.
Old 23rd February 2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
9 N 10272302 hexagon collar nut self-locking M10
10 N 10576802 hexagon bolt M10 X 105 X 26

The housing is not threaded, but they corrode in due to steel vs. aluminium and even worse if coppaslip has been used. I had to drill one of mine and finish off tightening the nut against a greased washer which pulled it out.
Thanks. I suspect mine will come out as it started to pull the bolt back in (which was now bent) when I tightened the far side. I had assumed originally they were just pinching each side closed. I should have looked closer but trying to hammer / press it out (without removing the bolt fully).