A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 1st May 2016, 08:39 PM

Ha! Yes, I'm considering how best to approach the exhaust swap... I have an idea that I'll share with you all once it's finished percolating in my mind.

Spent today giving her a bath and she truly feels like my car now. Although I didn't do any machine polishing or anything, I made sure the bodywork and glass was squeaky clean and then followed up with a quick spritz of Gtechniq for some protection. I used my Karcher chassis cleaner too for the first time and I was amazed how much gunk it managed to lift off... I ended up having to wash down the driveway afterwards too!

You'll all be pleased to hear that not a single drop of water entered the cabin since the rear windscreen was refit, so it looks like that's one job off the list!

The interior is my next project. Although it's in very good condition, it needs a good scrubbing. I cleaned the steering wheel, gearshift and armrests a couple of days after I got her but the rest needs cleaning properly. The interior has taken on a beige tinge which I wouldn't mind if it was the original colour, but it isn't, so it's time to break out the leather cleaner.

2008 Audi S8
Old 1st May 2016, 09:18 PM

Glad your enjoying it, despite the thirst but that's the joys of a 2t v10