D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 3rd September 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47p2 View Post
Well if TPS are the cheapest I'm selling the car

Front pads with discount are £147.46+VAT
Front discs with discount are £87.44+VAT each
So the total is £386.81
A for Audi charged me £300 for front pads and discs fitted during my last service John, I believe they use genuine Audi parts (at least thats what their web site says) and the brakes were much better afterwards, also had new rears as well and a new rear caliper, service cost me more than I paid for my sons Punto

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:31 PM

My MOT guy got them for me

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:36 PM

Brian, Audi should use only genuine parts, seems that TPS are having a laugh though if they want £386.81 to supply only...

I never grudge paying for parts for my car, but Audi don't make discs and pads, and there are plenty OE suppliers who will sell under their own brand for quite a bit less, I'm not happy the warning light came on with 6-7mm material still on the pads and therefore grudge paying almost £400 at this point in time.

Time to google and see what I can find

Old 3rd September 2012, 09:47 PM

A for Audi are not a main dealer John, a well respected Indie, and mostly they seem to do a reasonable job. I do agree TPS are taking the P a bit at those prices for supply only, that Murrays place ^^^ Adrian mentioned does seem good, I realise that brakes are not something you should scrimp on but still think you could do better than TPS, good luck with the hunt anyway

are these any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A8-S-...item4cffd2a0c9

cheers

Last edited by briang9; 3rd September 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:05 PM

Thanks for the link Brian but wrong size

Febi Bilstein on fleabay seem to be a good price, never heard of them before but they seem to be an OE supplier with good reviews.

Has anyone heard of them or used their products?

Link

Old 5th September 2012, 10:07 PM

Hi guys
I don't know if any of this is a good deal or a quality deal so don't judge, please

If I need a part quickly I use one of my mates. He works for GSF at Heathrow London Depot, they supply all the GSF branches across UK. He is kind enough to get any part over to you with next day delivery (orders placed before 2pm I think) free of charge even if you are not a trade customer.
Interested?, let me know and I will post all the details. Last time a set of best quality oem front pads they do was 81quid delivered.

The fella who does my tyres etc, can get a set of oem disc but custom drilled for 146/front and 180ish/rear.

If you need someone with genuine only Audi parts I've got an independent garage in Harrow, London. As they are very reputable garage, they do get a very good prices for any genuine Audi part from company which is the actual supplier for all Audi dealers.

Hope that helps

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 5th September 2012, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the offer, will contact you once my pads have a little less meat on them

Old 5th September 2012, 10:56 PM

I am so out of touch with '8 ownership, all of them prices seem mega cheap to me.

Audi charge £1,000 for a pair of front RS 6 discs and £300 for a set of front pads - not a typo. The rear discs even from an indie such as ECP are £270 each, that's right £540 for rear non OEM discs through ECP.

I've just had new genuine OEM Audi front brakes fitted, 390mm! The rears are being done this month too, and OE brakes aren't the same as OEM even if it is the same manufacturer - experience has taught me that. RS ownership maintence/upgrades and running costs stands me at £15k on top of the purchase price currently - nothing has gone wrong really, and today I had a blow out on the way to work and have four new Michelins on order. I hope that makes you feel better.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 5th September 2012, 11:00 PM

think I have said before Amar, high time you got settled down with a wife and kids, see what that does to your income available to spend on cars

Old 5th September 2012, 11:13 PM

That's what the AA guy said that recovered me after my blow out today - enjoy it while you can. They couldn't get me the R01 specific tyre Audi specify must be fitted to the RS6 anywhere so had to flat bed me home, and Audi don't supply the RS6 with a spare, and there is no way a space saver would fit over my brakes. It's an awkward car at times but I love it.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds