A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 23rd November 2013, 06:41 PM

Totally agree with mannyo, that's a superb colour for an A8

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:24 PM

How long are you going to keep it Oli? I would not mind taking it off your hands in 3-5 years time when prices drop closer to £5k mark.
It ticks pretty much all the boxes, Nice colour, like the interior as well, plenty of extras, best engine for D3. If I have to be picky then could do with nicer exhausts, not sure about wooden steering wheel and maybe put RS4 style wheels on but current ones also work good on dark colour car.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
How long are you going to keep it Oli? I would not mind taking it off your hands in 3-5 years time when prices drop closer to £5k mark.
It ticks pretty much all the boxes, Nice colour, like the interior as well, plenty of extras, best engine for D3. If I have to be picky then could do with nicer exhausts, not sure about wooden steering wheel and maybe put RS4 style wheels on but current ones also work good on dark colour car.
Beat me to it ainarssems but I'd keep it as it is, I'm liking every aspect of this car and the upgrades Oli is carrying out.

Let the auction begin..........whenever Oli decides to sell

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 25th November 2013, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

I will be holding on to this one for a while i think. I had the Silver D2 for almost 5 years and the blue D2 1 1/2 years before that. I tend to keep my cars for a while...but good to know there is already a market

I think the hard thing (when the time comes) will be finding something that matches the spec....what on earth would that even look like I can honestly not think of a car that I'd trade this one for at the moment.

With regards to the wooden steering wheel, i was also of the mindset that i would change it. However, it's a really really nice feel and I prefer it over the normal steering wheel so have decided to keep it

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 25th November 2013, 09:21 PM

Well mate.....
I would never say that blue is a good colour for a A8.....BUT.....after seeing your car I think this is a beautiful colour man, really really like it.

On top of it when everything is in order, well looked after, well balanced and ... clean, makes car looking very attractive.

I like it

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 27th November 2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Well mate.....
I would never say that blue is a good colour for a A8.....BUT.....after seeing your car I think this is a beautiful colour man, really really like it.

On top of it when everything is in order, well looked after, well balanced and ... clean, makes car looking very attractive.

I like it
Thanks

I like the fact it is a project - nothing major but small fixes and enhancements to put my own stamp on it

Can't wait to see yours though and see that carbon in the flesh!

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Old 27th November 2013, 12:54 PM

Thats my approach as well.
Personal touch.

I don't want to over do it, plenty of examples online of badly finished A8s.
It's all about the detail and quality.
I'm still far off mint condition, but all the bits came together nicely so far. I do actually spend much more on things yo can't see than the ones which you can see.

And carbon interior, well, you will have to see it, touch it....smell it!?!?

I'll see you soon anyway...

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 7th December 2013, 02:26 PM

Hi,

Finally got some time to put 20mm hubcentric spacers on both the rear corners. It makes quite a difference but given how much space there is under the arches, they are quite comfortable still under there. You can see why people go for the 20s though as even now there is still room for more wheel!...a project for next year

Oli

Before and afters:

Last edited by Oli18; 8th December 2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 7th December 2013, 03:30 PM

Looking good Oli... Which ones did you get?

I know.. I know..

Old 8th December 2013, 03:30 PM

Nice one mate, difference is just amazing
The only thing I don't like is the colour of them, you can clearly see them sorry, it's better to be honest.
I like the black paint on rear discs but not with silver or any other colour spacers, too much contrast.

I like when spacers blend in with the hub and wheel, but that is obviously my opinion and taste
[IMG][/IMG]

I asked you this last time when you came to collect the grill, what's the original offset on the actual wheel, have you managed to check it this time??

I'm thinking to move 12mm h/centr to the front instead of 5mm ones and get 20mm h/centr (£40-45 made to order) for the rear and this way I will achieve ET28 @front and ET20 @rear which I believe is the perfect maximum, unless you lower the ride to xxx00xx, you may have problems then but that's not confirmed.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10

Tags
4.2, audi, tdi