A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 12th May 2014, 08:18 AM

The interior is looking a little sorry for itself at the moment.

All trims have been removed and dropped off at the painters ready.

With the trims out I found this left over earth cable. The wondering of what they had is getting to much. I'm tempted to take the lower trims out and have a nose.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:08 AM

Finally got round to giving the car a good clean and polish Friday. Then proceded to drive down a dusty country path to take some pics.

Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:29 AM

Thats a nice looking location for a shoot, shame its dusty like you said.

Did you get your trims back yet from painting?

Old 19th May 2014, 09:33 AM

There's a old concrete jetty that you use to be able to drive on and get some cracking pics but they blocked the access off so you can't get to it any more which is a shame.

No trims yet.
Popped up on the weekend to do some jobs for them and started looking at difference colours again, which don't help. They have some really nice subtle flakes in which I like but I feel it will be the wrong finish for the 8. so I'm sticking with the blackish colour.
Old 19th May 2014, 02:35 PM

Great pictures

...I do love it in that silver!

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 27th May 2014, 12:22 PM

Picked my dash trims up monday on the way back home.
Spent monday evening fitting everything back together ready for a pre-work refit of the trims.

0700 this morning I was up fitting the trims in.

No more wood.

Nothing else is really going to happen to the car from now till the wedding.
It will get a clean and booked in to Audi for a AC service and a general service.
Old 27th May 2014, 01:07 PM

Nice work, I too am not a fan of wood trim and its one of the reasons I bought the S8 as I was originally wanting a 4.2 TDI

But counldn't find one easily with all the toys and trim level that I wanted.

Be interesting to see how you finish holds up with daily use.

Like the look though Scott

Old 29th May 2014, 10:04 AM

I will let you know if anything bad happens to them.

I'm Inters and should be at AITP this year.
So be nice to put some names to faces.

More LED goodness
Old 2nd June 2014, 10:24 AM

Booked in with Audi today for a interim service and AC service.

See what their checks come back with. I'm not looking forward to that.
Old 2nd June 2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
Booked in with Audi today for a interim service and AC service.

See what their checks come back with. I'm not looking forward to that.
Probably nothing as they don't seem to check the whole car unless you specifically ask them too.