A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 30th May 2020, 05:31 PM

Default Air Con pressure sensor (G65)

As always, things like this always happen when the weather picks up lol. Car started blowing hot air at times and I thought might just want a regas but checked it out on VCDS. It showed an intermittent fault with the pressure sensor (G65). Part number found on ETKA and luckily found a new and unused one on ebay for half the price of TPS. It's the same part used across the VAG range, even on Lambos. Part no. is 3R0 959 126

Unfortunately, it is a bumper off job so time consuming as the inner liners need to come off too. This didn't bother me as I had done this before (watch the washer fluid pipe!) and there is a video on you tube explaining where all the bolts are. G65 sensor unscrewed, new one was of a different shape but correct fitment (phew!). Just had to be careful fitting it as it's aluminium so don't over tighten it. New sensor in, error gone and ice cold A/C.

I did get a very, very small squirt of gas as I undid the old sensor, nothing that will stop it working but do be careful as this stuff is not nice.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder