A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 8th October 2015, 01:56 PM

Default AMI power harness/splitter cable

Hi does anyone have a spare power splitter cable from an AMI retrofit kit for sale?
If you check this link its the cable with the blue connector that splits in to two black power connectors (ie not the one connected with orange fibre cable).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-AMI-M...item19e3c3b900

I have a spare fibre splitter cable and bridge if you want to swap?

Or does anyone know where I can buy one separate to the rest of the retrofit kit?

thanks
zahg
Old 8th October 2015, 02:19 PM

That power cable is difficult to find separate from the MOST fibre cable, it's a combined kit under part number 4F0051592A.

However, the 8 pin plug and socket are available individually so you could make your own.
8 pin plug - 3B0972724
8 pin socket - 3B0972734

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 8th October 2015, 03:48 PM

Thanks Matt will do that if I can't find the single cable.

Currently in nightmare mode as after taking glovebox off and removing dension gateway the car electrics have gone wobbly and now won't start even after connecting everything back as it was. Have to get it to a garage now and get a hirecar doh!! 😖

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
That power cable is difficult to find separate from the MOST fibre cable, it's a combined kit under part number 4F0051592A.

However, the 8 pin plug and socket are available individually so you could make your own.
8 pin plug - 3B0972724
8 pin socket - 3B0972734

Old 8th October 2015, 07:22 PM

Messing with the MMI should not stop the car from starting unless a fuse has been blown somewhere, the infotainment runs on a different bus to the rest of the car. If you mess up the MMI all that happens is the MMI will not turn on, or keeps rebooting but the car should run.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 8th October 2015, 10:12 PM

Yes this is what I thought so not sure what I've done to blow a fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
Messing with the MMI should not stop the car from starting unless a fuse has been blown somewhere, the infotainment runs on a different bus to the rest of the car. If you mess up the MMI all that happens is the MMI will not turn on, or keeps rebooting but the car should run.
Old 9th October 2015, 01:59 PM

Quick update, looks like the issue was the battery (original battery from 2007) being a bit old. Adjusting car seat while trying to get glovebox out over a few hours must have put too much of a drain on battery. RAC man sorted it after a double jump start. What a relief! Gonna leave the Denison deinstall for another day I think!