A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 31st August 2011, 11:42 AM

Default For Sale - My 2002 S8 in Avus Silver

Hello all,
I've been mulling my options and am now looking to sell my S8. I am in no urgent hurry and will be very sad to see her go. The highlights of the car are:-

2002 D2 S8 - finished by quattro GmbH
92000 miles, taxed till 02/12 test till 07/12
Avus Silver with painted D3 20" wheels
Extended Leather Pack - inc Half Alcantara/Leather front seats with full Leather Rear seats.
Sony Rear Seat entertainment - with PS2 replacing DVD changer. I still have the original changer.
Tinted Windows - The side rear and back window I think are factory, the front sides done later with film.
Plus all the other usual refinements... It looks like a final edition but the spec is subtly enhanced above this. So you still have the Bi-Xenon's, Electric blind, Nav Plus, Heated front and rear seats etc. I'm not going to trot out the full list, you'll see it for yourself when you come to view the car.

There are a couple of marks to the paint(Bonnet and Rear Bumper) and I have scuffed the nearside wheels when trying to allow emergency vehicles past, but she still looks fantastic. As the photo's will demonstrate.

3 owners inc. me. Full service history, by Audi to 70k including Cambelt in Apr 2009 by Grimsby Audi and independents since then. All of the recent servicing has been done by Ben.

I can't even begin to list the work I had done, but its all been preventative maintenance, this car has never let me down. But as a sample, work done includes, discs and pads all round, MAF, all output shaft seals from the gearbox, gearbox fluid and filters, Sunroof and A/C drains, catalysts.....If you want a full breakdown I'll give you this when we meet.

I am pretty anal when it comes to anything mechanical with the car, as Ben will testify. When ever I find something wrong I am straight on the phone to him for advice and asking when it can be fixed. I have had the car remapped by Revo, which has made a world of difference to the performance, though this can be removed if you so wish.

I also have waiting to be fitted, brand new front OEM disc's and pads plus a full set of Continental Sport Contact 3 tyres, which I will include with the sale. I bought the discs to take with me to Germany, where they were blissfully unneeded. I bought the tyres as I thought the current Dunlops might be due for replacement, as it turns out I had 4-5mm left all round after 24k miles on the car.

I have loved this car above all my other cars I have owned, so it will be gut wrenching to see her go.

Call or e-mail me. 07971 229 883 or refropatton@hotmail.com

Last edited by Reffro; 28th January 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 31st August 2011, 12:10 PM

Sorry to see that she's going Jethro, I guess your loss will be someone else's gain as it's a great colour. Have you got a replacement in mind?

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 31st August 2011, 01:01 PM

I've bought myself a motorbike (CBR1100) at the weekend. Not the same thing as the Audi I'll admit, but it gives my my performance fix.

Thus I currently have two cars and bike. I was thinking about loosing the Merc and leaving myself with the Audi as my daily driver, but that didn't really thrill me, as the Audi is too good for that. Therefore I have decided to see if there was any interest for the Audi. Its not a cut and dry decision at the moment, but I will gauge the interest for the S8 first.
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:13 PM

Good luck on the sale.

Looks to have had a few mods since I saw it at the meet last year.

Just tried selling mine and it got to £1300 so I'm breaking it.

Hope you enjoy the BB. I would recommend something like my NSR250 for your speed fix but is possibly a bit small for you.
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:39 PM

thats a shame, the gearbox itself is worth that at least

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:27 AM

Well you're always welcome to co-pilot with me at any treasure hunts mate. Such a shame as i know how much you've loved your S, i'm sure she'll make someone really happy.
Old 11th September 2011, 04:40 PM

Mate - as if you're selling her!?!?! I am surprised you're letting her go but I can say this car is lovely!
It'd make anyone a superb car!
Old 11th September 2011, 05:58 PM

I will admit to not trying very hard to sell her....

I've only put her on here and have been half hearted at best in my attempt. If I don't sell then I'll just have to suffer.

Last edited by Reffro; 11th September 2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 28th January 2012, 09:25 PM

OK, thread resurrection with good reason. It is with a heavy heart that I am looking to definitely sell my 8.

She's now on 96000 miles. Tax till 02/12 and MOT to 07/12. I had the tyres and brakes mentioned in the first post fitted in November, when at the same time I had the gearbox fluid and filters done by Ben. I since had the wheels rebalanced and a full geometry check done which showed everything was spot on. I've just had the windscreen replaced and made sure that the Audi foam was used...

She's ready and raring to go. I'd be surprised if there is another S8 that feels this fit. Only ever run on Shell V Power when in my possession, I will be sorry to see her go.

As before, I've only posted on here for now. I am open to offers, I care more about the home the car will go to than the pounds and pence. Make me a sensible offer and an absolute promise to look after her and she's yours.
Old 28th January 2012, 09:35 PM

I could be so tempted, even though I've just spent a small fortune on mine....

The owners list says Hertfordshire, is that right? Can't be far from me.