A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 26th January 2012, 09:51 PM

Quick bump. Still here. Not used any oil or water in 4k miles. Gearbox smooth as silk etc etc.
Old 26th January 2012, 09:54 PM

Bump for a truly clean pre-facelift 4,2 QS.

2006 Audi A8 D3 Quattro Sport 4.2 TDI - Silver, Family Oil Burner.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.5 TDI - Santorin Blue, S8-Powered DTM Race Car Build In Progress.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.8 30V - Pelican Blue, RS4 Widebody, D3 4.2 01E, High-Spec B5 Build In Progress.
Old 26th January 2012, 09:59 PM

Aye, thanks Noll', bodywork aint perfect but she's a good healthy machine. I'd LPG it but you can't take LPG cars on the Eurotunnel.
Old 26th January 2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8pilot View Post
Aye, thanks Noll', bodywork aint perfect but she's a good healthy machine. I'd LPG it but you can't take LPG cars on the Eurotunnel.
You can take LPG-equipped cars through the Euro Tunnel. You just have to be able to satisfy the operators that it's empty. I've had an LPG-equipped '96 A8 4,2 QS, and I've never had any issues getting through the Tunnel.

The same applies to Nitrous Oxide systems.

2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.5 TDI - Santorin Blue, S8-Powered DTM Race Car Build In Progress.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.8 30V - Pelican Blue, RS4 Widebody, D3 4.2 01E, High-Spec B5 Build In Progress.
Old 26th January 2012, 11:19 PM

Ahh really. Might go for that then. No need to sell afterall. Just time it right.

Will look in to that tomorrow.
Old 27th January 2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nollywood View Post
You can take LPG-equipped cars through the Euro Tunnel. You just have to be able to satisfy the operators that it's empty. I've had an LPG-equipped '96 A8 4,2 QS, and I've never had any issues getting through the Tunnel.

The same applies to Nitrous Oxide systems.
Can i ask how that works Nollywood? I have called them about this before and they have always been very consistent in its policy to me.

Their site also states:

LPG or equivalent flammable gas and dual powered vehicles (i.e. vehicles fitted with an LPG or equivalent tank as an alternative fuel) cannot be accepted for transport by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, even though:

the LPG or equivalent tank is empty,
the LPG or equivalent mode of the vehicle is not selected.

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/site-information/lpg/

Oli

PS - it's what has also stopped me in the past from going down the LPG route so interested to see how you got around this...

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 27th January 2012, 08:15 AM

I have no idea how it works. I used it 3 times, with a LANDI LPG system fitted. The first time the doughnut-style tank was out, as I was buying a slightly smaller one, but all the pipework was in place. The other two times, the tank was in place, though empty.

And before anyone asks, I did declare it, nothing was hidden.

Interesting reads around, you may wish to take a look at this:

Nice lady will ask you if you “have an LPG tank”. That is the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard – so what if I have an extra tank for petrol? How can they find that it’s an LPG tank and what if it left from old LPG installation?

Why they did this restriction? People are afraid of LPG or any king of gas. Dont know why but I've met many who claim to rather have just electric supply than gas. Eurotunnel has bankrupt once and there was an idea to close it permanently (no profit). Because of lack of money, safety systems weren’t improved and there was an incident few years ago and as they didn’t have enough money to improve it they had to find a witch and burn it on the Pyle. This way the “did” something to improve safety.
Main idea is that LPG is heavier than air and will stay at the bottom of the channel. There is also higher (much higher) pressure at the lowest point of the tunnel so they assumed that it might affect some lpg installations to start leaking. Although it’s very easy to put few sensors around to check if everything is ok. There is a ventilation system and how much the LPG can leak within 30 minutes trip? If anyone’s car is leaking then it’s very easy to check it when entering the tunnel.
I know few people which passed eurotunnel with LPG but their cars weren’t registered in UK so they couldn’t check if the car has an LPG.
If you will go on ferry, you may find big sign to cut your LPG off. Year, right, there is no way to do it as it cuts off automatically…

Culled from http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaB...=1201210159/20

Old 27th January 2012, 12:55 PM

Just go on the ferry, you can relax for a couple of hours, get something to eat, have a nap, have a smoke out on the deck, and if it sinks, you can swim
Old 27th January 2012, 07:28 PM

Anyhow, still for sale for now. Untill I find out more.

£1500 all in with plate.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:33 PM

Hope it's ok to link to my PH Ad.......

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3602872.htm