A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 28th April 2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
It's the 10-pin for my FBG gearbox - 01L 919 821 B at £153.09 plus VAT.
Now that's more like it. When I bought one from the forum sponsors back in 2013, it was £110, although can't remember if it was 8 or 10 pin.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 28th April 2016, 05:29 PM

They have a couple for sale around that price, one is stated as 8-pin the other looks like it's probably the same.

Given the amount of money I'll be paying to a garage for their labour the extra for a new one is worth it to me, even if they did have a 10-pin one.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 29th April 2016, 02:01 PM

Oh well, too late to get all this sorted out before the bank holiday, so I got the car back today. Hopefully it can be done next week.

Interesting comment I got re leaking seals though (I've been suffering from the usual burning smells), they replaced the rear one on the gearbox/diff and commented that it was different to what was fitted before.
Checked and rechecked and were quite sure what they fitted now is correct.

I recall some discussions on variations of the seals, was it that one? If so is it a revision or are there differences in other components too?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 29th April 2016, 04:30 PM

Tail shaft on the centre diff is the one that varies depending on whether the tailshaft extension has a later design to accommodate a lip on the seal. Most late cars seem to have it from the factory but it still bloody leaks with a new seal!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 29th April 2016, 04:32 PM

Thanks Adrian, that sounds like the one. Must have been changed in the past and had the wrong one put on.
Leaking drive shaft seals is "just one of those things" that you have to live with as a D2 owner.
Old 20th November 2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Oh well, too late to get all this sorted out before the bank holiday, so I got the car back today. Hopefully it can be done next week.
A very long week, well over 6 months in fact, but it's done now, last Friday in fact.

As noted in other threads, currently rather active, first reactions are very good, but only time will tell. The 01119 error has not yet returned since the job was done.
This is the current discussion, started by David: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12221
Old 21st November 2016, 10:02 AM

Horrible cold wet morning and I went out early in the S8, it behaved impeccably, absolutely no hint of throttle misbehaviour.
(And a quick VCDS check confirmed that the 01119 error hasn't come back either)
Old 24th November 2016, 05:00 PM

Another 3 days, a few more trips, still behaving and still no 01119 error.

I'm seriously convinced that all those comments about cleaning ABS sensors etc. are just coincidental and that the real cause of the 01119 error is a worn F125 switch.
Old 24th November 2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Good news and I hope - for your sake - that what is possibly the longest running thread on a single problem will come to an end.
Just spotted this from well over 2 years ago.
Old 25th November 2016, 07:56 AM

Glad to know all was resolved. Will be cleaning f125 connector contacts on my car to fix 01119 error preventively. If it won't help will change the whole switch. Epic thread.

Edit: Is the electrical connector of F125 switch easily accessible?
(I wanted to start from replacing only the connector to new and then replacing the full switch if it does't help?)

Last edited by notorious; 25th November 2016 at 08:35 AM.