A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 22nd April 2017, 05:39 PM

Default Speeding fines

Hello,

Am I right in saying from next week, speeding fines will increase to half your income, full income or one and half times your income?
Old 22nd April 2017, 06:41 PM

There is a change, but only to speeding cases that go to court. The situation for minor offences, eg. Speed Awareness course or 3 points and a fixed fine remain the same.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/18773/spee...ding-penalties
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 22nd April 2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audia8driver View Post
Hello,

Am I right in saying from next week, speeding fines will increase to half your income, full income or one and half times your income?
Weekly income. You had me worried there. Though not as worried as I would have been a few years ago: I'll never forget the - only - time I was ever in court on a speeding charge, and the judge asked me in open court how much I earned - even though she had that information written on my form in front of her.

In those days the judge had more discretion, in one sense at least

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 22nd April 2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
There is a change, but only to speeding cases that go to court. The situation for minor offences, eg. Speed Awareness course or 3 points and a fixed fine remain the same.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/18773/spee...ding-penalties
Ok thank you, was very worried doing the odd weekly motorway run
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Weekly income. You had me worried there. Though not as worried as I would have been a few years ago: I'll never forget the - only - time I was ever in court on a speeding charge, and the judge asked me in open court how much I earned - even though she had that information written on my form in front of her.

In those days the judge had more discretion, in one sense at least
Yes. I'd be very worried too.

They might as well put speed limiters to 75mph on all uk cars
Old 25th April 2017, 08:34 PM

Thumbs down Enthusiasts need "Idiot Control" as much as Joe Public imho

Hi,

Small rant.

Idiots spoil my fun. PC Plod is NOT looking well enough for spiffing / drinking / kids-in-car / racing other young drivers (not all at once! ) .

IMHO there is an over-reliance on tech to trap speed without context, trivial, easily proved errors like unpaid road-tax but not reckless driving.

Allow me to share....

I was On The Bench for several years; a Magistrate. The worst speeding case I heard was punished less severely than I wanted but still big fine and ban.

I wasn't angered by the speed (123 mph), or where it happened (M1, up hill, straight road, no history of accidents) or even the (spit!) BMW M3 that did the deed...

It was the context. F&£*ing Rush hour. Friday. Not 2 am. Not Bank Holiday Monday.

Driver was a Knob, with bells on. If ever I meet up with you folks at an Oners Club Bash I'll share the defences put forward. Shameful and insulting imho.

Not sitting as a Magistrate anymore, was a privilege but maybe I was a too bothered and got bored with being "summoned to the Office " to explain myself .

Wasn't drummed out or owt, just realised doing things "to the Guidelines" was far more restrictive than I imagined...

Miss it though.

Robert
Old 26th April 2017, 10:12 PM

Oh ok, small rant it is.

I know driver instinct has not changed over the years, but car safety, better brakes, tyres etc has, so why doesn't the law or rules change to reflect this.

80 mph should be allowed on the motorways.

I agree idiots who are not careful drivers, should be punished as they are a danger to themselves and other drivers.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:41 PM

Thumbs up Agreed.

Hi,

Have calmed down now...

You make my point, prosecute danger, not speed.

Robert
Old 27th April 2017, 08:35 PM

Next rant. On the A38 dual carriageway near to me, they have installed average speed cameras, which is kind of understandable due to biker fatalities. But why FFS have they also dropped the speed limit to 60. Do one or the other, but not both.
Old 28th April 2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Next rant. On the A38 dual carriageway near to me, they have installed average speed cameras, which is kind of understandable due to biker fatalities. But why FFS have they also dropped the speed limit to 60. Do one or the other, but not both.
Which section is that mate, i havent been up that way to Derby for a while, i often join around Alrewas having cut through Tamworth from my office?

These stealth taxes are growing and if we sat down and worked out our actual rate of tax the motorist is being hammered, lord knows these latest road fund licence changes are going to hammer everyone. Then many of the local cities are looking into a congestion charge zone akin to Londons. And fuel prices are held artificially high even when the raw material cost falls ....Don't get me started
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012