A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 5th November 2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erubus View Post
The software version I have got is D3-HU 51.5.0 0739
cheers, Gill
BTW, forgot to say that your MMI is only one level down from that latest/last which was 55.7.0.

The only apparent updates in 5570 were to the B&O amp [unlikely in your car if you're running 2003 Nav DVD ], the FM radio and the Digital TV.

Julian

Audi A8 3.0TDI MY2005 in Midnight Blue. Gone since 2018, after 10 years!
Old 5th November 2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post

Not having a D3 I don't know exactly what media type it needs, i.e. + or - and single or dual layer. But someone here will know for sure.
DVD single layer. In my case, successfully burnt on a Verbatim DVD+R

Quote:
I'm a mechanical engineer and have limited knowledge of computer sorcery and don't know what that means anyway haha.
Nice to find here a colleague!

Best regards
Old 6th November 2017, 02:55 PM

I tried the link Tiburon posted earlier in this thread but It was going to take days with the free download. I searched around a bit and found a torrent with both DVDs (east and west europe) so I downloaded that. Due to the fact I live up a Scottish mountain, i wasnt able to get hold of any DVDs until today which was a pack of TDK DVD +R 16x.

Copied the W Europe DVD (I dont have any plans to go to Eastern Europe by car any time soon) at 4x speed. Put it into the DVD player in the boot and the update Yes/No menu was there - progress.

Selected yes and got progress 0%... Which stayed unchanged for about five minutes until it changed to DVD hardware, unable to connect (or something like that). Pulled the power lead out of the back of the DVD player and switched on ignition again. This time I got initializing 0% for about 5 minutes, then it very slowly started to climb to 100%, no mention of updates this time. After it got to 100% the nav screen came up with the last address I had searched (in Glasgow - got totally lost in the newish one way system that wasnt on the nav) I tried a bit of road that i know has been changed in Dundee and the map was showing the new layout.... So success!

Still need to change the dodgy DVD player... It keeps saying navigation is not installed until you pull the power to reset it, then it works fine for a few days again but should get me to sheffield now at least!

Thanks again guys, great advice as always.

gill
Old 6th November 2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Still need to change the dodgy DVD player... It keeps saying navigation is not installed until you pull the power to reset it, then it works fine for a few days again but should get me to sheffield now at least!

Thanks again guys, great advice as always.

gill
Maybe only a dirty lens is the problem... Try do dismantle it and clean very carefully the lens with a cotton stick & Isopropylic Alcohol. Most of the times that simply fixes all...

Best regards

Last edited by Tiburon3; 6th November 2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 7th November 2017, 07:37 PM

that sounds like a plan. I've had the top cover off it before. When I first got the car the PO said there was no disc with it, but it was actually just wanting the power pulled. I had tried putting a disc in and realised there was one in it. I have some special microscope lens cleaning fluid that I can use. A job for the weekend though.