A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 23rd February 2016, 09:57 AM

Default Heating question

I'm on holiday at the moment. Got a rented 2015 audi a3 1.6tdi.....well shocking when I started it first time, literally heating started to work instantly !!!! Was a bit upset as compering to my s8 that was supersonic. S8 takes good few minutes. Going around settings in a3 it has electronic heater!!!!! Damn wish my S8 had that!!!
Which brings a question, any way to get heating to start working faster in a d3? I heard something about heater coming on while still me sitting at home??
Old 24th February 2016, 02:20 PM

Hi There,

I believe that there is a Webasto Auxillary heater that was an optional extra that could be timed to come on etc.

From using a £10 cigarette socket ceramic heater after market thing a few years back I found it pathetic and wondered why car manufactures hadn't gone down the route of electric heaters, but it seems 12V doesn't give much grunt and it sucks battery!

Lee
Old 24th February 2016, 08:03 PM

Seen ceramic water heaters on some mercs , it goes inbetween the water pipe that goes up to the matrix , think it comes on on start up .....has a bloody fat supply cable to it ...say as big as an alternator cable so it must take some amps