A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 27th September 2015, 05:11 PM

Default 3.0 TDI Intake Manifold Runner

For some I've had the follow error and I've kind of been ignoring but its coming on weekly now, so its time to do something about it.

012597 - Intake Manifold Runner Control
P3135 - 001 - Lower Stop not Reached - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 6
Reset counter: 255

I believe its the valve and arms that needs replacing.

I've read that others has got their garage to do it but has anyone done it them selves and where did you get the parts?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 27th September 2015, 05:57 PM

Thinking on it, is it just one bank I need to do or both?

Is it best to do both?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 27th September 2015, 06:02 PM

My info probably won't help you decide Scott but just had the wife's A4 serviced at 57k miles and I'd heard and read the stories of swirl flap issues etc. I got both overhauled and the kit was £120 with brass bushes rather than the OEM items and I'm told the car will have expired long before any inlet manifold problems occur.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 27th September 2015, 06:04 PM

This can be the plastic stops for the actuator arm , there are repair kits on eBay but the ones I have done have ended up needing inlet manifolds as around the spindle area the plastic breaks up , so the upper or lower limit stops exceed the known working range .
Genuine manifolds are around the £300 mark , I think you can get aftermarket ones but I don't know how good they are .
Old 1st October 2015, 06:32 PM

Norretal. Where did you get your kit?
I'm finding it hard to find the right kit.

Lee, I've seen those kits.
I'm tempted to both manifolds and refurbish both bits.
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD3 View Post
Norretal. Where did you get your kit?
I'm finding it hard to find the right kit
Scott - I'll ask the fella that did mine and find out the best options, and where to get them. He's the guy that fixed my S8 inlet manifold so I have faith in his knowledge and ability

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:13 PM

Cool thank you.

On my hunt, I found this site.
http://airshox.eu/en/vag-audi-3-0tdi...i-swirl-flaps/

No idea on price.
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:32 PM

I've had the repair kits fitted and it lasted 2 months.

Get them from Audi themselves now.

I had them fitted and the egr cleaned aswell as a new throttle body and was all good but the light came on and yes, that code again.

It's nothing scary just not reaching its resting point I was told, it's like a few mm if that.

I have operated the links manually a few times to free up the arms and the light hasn't come back but it comes and goes from reading on here.

New manifolds being fitted seems a lot of money.... I did £750 and new manifold were £1200 all in so went cheap and it's paid off for now.