A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A4/S4 B6

A4/S4 B6 2001-2005

Old 3rd February 2020, 08:53 PM

Thumbs up 2005 B6 S4 Cab new owner...

Picked up on Friday. Loving it already. Black with silver leather, RNS-E, Bose, Carbon trim, cruise. Excellent cosmetically, interior is superb...no wear on the buttons.

Load area partition thing is not moving up and down, and the cover bit seems to be missing. Easy to fix?

Rear ashtray lid is broken...I'll try and source another. Headlight switch a bit scratched...ordered a new cover already. Footrest missing, and battery cover broken...replacement bits already ordered.

Headlights are the worst bit ...full of condensation, and surface of lenses quite lumpy and grey. Light output from dipped beam is shockingly awful. Done lots of googling, and ordered a 3M refurb kit. I see you can upgrade the lights as well. Need to tackle the condensation though. Any advice.

It came with winter tyres. Would like a set of the Audi BBS CH wheels for the summers...anyone got some they don't want? 8jx18, et45 ish?

Oh and it has 104k miles, but had new engine at 47k. And it was cheap.

Any advice? Fancy a lower front lip spoiler, fruitier exhaust.

Cheers,
Zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.PNG
Views:	390
Size:	5.70 MB
ID:	22838  

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Any advice? Fancy a lower front lip spoiler, fruitier exhaust.
Maxton Design do the front splitter, plus a few other bits. See below:

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/audi/...itter-au-s4-b8

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:27 PM

Polishing the headlight lenses will probably make zero difference to light output I'm afraid, the xenon units have silver coloured plastic "reflectors", they will now be black and not reflecting anything :/

I had new projectors fitted into my 2004 S4, bi-xenon units from a Lexus of some sort, made the output awesome. You can get aftermarket projectors now that bolt straight in I believe.

Still had to polish and clear coat the lenses, which didn't really last that well.

Short of a new set of lights, not an ideal answer I'm afraid!
Old 13th February 2020, 08:55 AM

Hey, welcome to the cabriolet club, I am currently running a 3.0TDI A4 cab in B7 format, but I've had 2 4.2 B6 S4s in the past - good engines if you can avoid the timing belt issue, hopefully the new engine and guides will have solved this - just keep your eye on oil consumption.

I guess you know about the aux rads, DMF/Clutch and other S4 common issues...

Come over and join us in the A4 Cabriolet Club UK - don't be put off by the name, there are S4 and RS4 owners in the group but the information is huge.

Splitter - just get the MK1 Cupra R splitter from TPS, looks much better and cheaper than any other option - See pic below

Loads you can do to these things, I recently fitted Supersport seats - it was a wiring headache though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67256928_503415497061902_4966917180022063104_o.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	22859   Click image for larger version

Name:	81815681_630911194312331_6582357639651393536_o.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	22860  
Old 14th February 2020, 02:11 PM

Question

Hi. Thanks...already on the A4 club FB page.

How have you fastened the front lip on....just self tappers? Looks like there used to be some sort of lip on mine, as there are loads of pop rivets rattling around left behind.

Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust
Old 14th February 2020, 02:13 PM

Thumbs up

Oh, and managed to source a Milltek non-resonated second hand....fitted it on Wednesday, and sounds lovely

Zip

Old 14th February 2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Hi. Thanks...already on the A4 club FB page.

How have you fastened the front lip on....just self tappers? Looks like there used to be some sort of lip on mine, as there are loads of pop rivets rattling around left behind.

Zip
Yeah, Self Tapers, I am guessing some previously mounted one on yours and then took it off, its easy to do but needs a little trimming in the centre, best to offer up with gaffe tape to test and hold in place, then screw in properly when happy.