A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 25th February 2020, 07:51 PM

Default For Sale S8 d2 2001

Audi S8 D2 2001 Silver with black leather & Dark Mirtle interior trim

This car has been owned and run daily by me (a long term Audi enthusiast) for the last 4 years during which time I have sorted out any and all niggles so everything works and the car drives as it should.
It has had:-
All new Brembo brake discs & pads
New front suspension arms upper & lower, both sides.
New anti roll bar bushes
New (genuine) front shock absorbers
New front suspension top mounts
New oil cooler & dreaded plastic water pipe replaced with metal pipe (the decent one from USA).
New gearbox selector switch.
Cambelt, tensioners & water pump last changed in July 2019 approx 6000 miles ago.

Upgrades I have done are:-
S4 steering wheel (rewired to suit S8) with paddle shift in place of S8 tiptronic thumb buttons (also include original steering wheel in excellent condition).
Touchscreen Android head unit with GPS/Bluetooth/WiFi MP3/MP4 from USB or microSD. Running though Bose system.
Hands free phone operation with external mic and Samsung Wireless charging cradle.
Reversing camera via Android head unit.
The car is currently on its winter wheels which are 4x 18" RS4 wheels (like in the picture) with Michelin cross climate tyres approx 1/3 worn.
The car also has summer wheels which are refurbished/mint 20" S8 final edition wheels, 4 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres approx 40% worn +1 spare wheel without tyre. The 20" wheels are included at the asking price, for any price negotiation I'll list the 20" wheels separately. (20" wheels are only available separately if the car is already sold without them).

This car has as OEM equipment (all working):-
Audi space frame all aluminium body
Laminated glass all round
Front & rear parking sensors
Dual zone climate control
Leather heated front & rear seats
Electrically adjustable front seats, seat belts, steering wheel & side mirrors. All with memory positions for up to 4 drivers
Electric tilt & slide sunroof
Electric rear window blind
Ski hatch in boot

This car drives nice & smooth and quiet with the V8 power & soundtrack available when you want it.
Gearbox shifts as it should both auto & tiptronic. Last thing it had was an oil & filter change just before I bought it.

My daily commute is 8.5 miles. About half & half motorway and local roads. I'm averaging 21mpg without trying to be frugal.
Sorry for the lack of photos, but it seems to be constant terrible weather here at the moment, but interior & exterior are well made and in excellent condition for their year. The 20" final edition wheels are pristine.
Can also currently be found on Pistonheads for more contact options.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-2001/10434041

Asking for £5995 to include both sets of wheels

1985 Ur quattro Tornado red, black leather.
www.urquattro.info

Last edited by jimh; 25th February 2020 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Clarified "For Sale" in title
Old 25th February 2020, 09:00 PM

Default Hmmm...

Interesting car and ad. You mention price, but don't quote it, and also a Pistonheads ad, but don't provide a link to it. Could I suggest you do both, to make is easier for anyone on here who's interested?

I think you'll also get much more interest if you add a few key photos - for example of the pristine 20" alloys. Don't you have some photos taken of the car during your ownership with those on?

Also, I may have missed it, but probably the #1 question asked on here of a late D2/S8 is what's the gearbox history - has it been serviced/rebuilt, and if so where/how? Sharing that would be great, if you have that information.

Other than that, GLWTS

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.

Last edited by tintin; 25th February 2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old 25th February 2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Also, I may have missed it, but probably the #1 question asked on here of a late D2/S8 is what's the gearbox history - has it been serviced/rebuilt, and if so where/how? Sharing that would be great, if you have that information.

Other than that, GLWTS
The #2 question is the mileage, especially when taken into account with the #1 question.

EDIT: Found the mileage on the Pistonheads ad, 172k.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds

Last edited by steamship; 25th February 2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Mileage
Old 25th February 2020, 11:44 PM

Some good points there!
I had just posted the Pistonheads ad and pasted most of my advert here from there, forgetting Pistonheads lists the price separately from the text.
I've edited the ad to add price, link & gearbox.

Surprisingly, I don't seem to have any photos with the 20" wheels on, but looking on my phone, it seems I don't have photos of much apart from reminders / part numbers / close-ups of how parts fit together / back of the central heating valve etc.

I bought the wheels from a guy who had them refurbished and painted to a high standard years before but had stored and never used them. I had them on in the summer months only and kept them clean & waxed. They look just like those on your black FE S8 and remain unmarked.
Given a bit of decent daylight time available, I can take more photos of the car and wheels for anyone interested.

www.urquattro.info
Old 25th February 2020, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
The #2 question is the mileage, especially when taken into account with the #1 question.

EDIT: Found the mileage on the Pistonheads ad, 172k.
Hah! another omission. Just too much to think about at once it would seem

www.urquattro.info
Old 26th February 2020, 09:10 AM

I hope you get what you want, I really do. Us S8 D2 owners could do with some good news on resale values but personally I think £6000 is a bit optimistic. A car with that millage, still running around on the original gearbox is gonna be a tough sell I think.

I have a 2002 S8 with similar levels of repairs done in the last 3 years and only 88,000 mls. Now after latest repairs I have over 9k in the car. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay more than 5k for it if I were to sell. Especially without gearbox refurb receipts from a reputable company.

It's a shame but thats just the reality of the market for these big old Audi's. At the moment anyhow.

If I were you I'd sell the wheels separately and drop the price of the car. I realise this is psychological but it will make the car look more attractive.

This is all only my opinion of course.

Good luck with the sale. With a car with similar levels of repairs, I'll be rooting for you.

Frank
Old 26th February 2020, 06:53 PM

I am open to lower offers on the car without the wheels.
I have based this on the other 2 for sale on Pistonheads that are both 6k without the FE wheels. Mine has those, plus another decent set of RS4 wheels with good tyres.

Anyway, I got the chance to take a few more pictures today:-

https://i.imgur.com/DlGVPnb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OfvgTbJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KA2jG2C.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6PeMV9D.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3WX0S7j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qa74Rnv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/44IDmVO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/H709VMQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7tCI6p2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dTbHb1k.jpg

www.urquattro.info

Last edited by jimh; 26th February 2020 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Images too big!
Old 5th April 2020, 07:11 PM

You are just around the corner from me!

good luck with sale, ive seen you driving down the motorway a few times but not been in my car at the time!

so rare to see another S8!
Mercedes Benz CLS 500 - Sold
Corsa VXR Nurburgring - Sold
RS6 Avant Grey - Sold
Seat Leon Cupra R - Sold