A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 4th August 2010, 11:37 AM

Default Jetex Exhaust

The exhaust on my car is getting very ropey.

has anyone got any experiance of this backbox?

http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetex...tainless+Steel

I rather like the tail pipes and it should give me the nouises i want. I appreciate its not the same quality as a milltek and is only half the system - but its certainly a lot cheaper!
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.

Old 4th August 2010, 12:02 PM

Mr. K I would be interested in that too..

You go first.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 4th August 2010, 12:28 PM

These may be worth a look too.

http://www.vortex-performance-exhausts.co.uk/

Not sure about the price though.
Old 4th August 2010, 05:24 PM

I assume the exhaust is upside down in the picture, else it tapers the wrong way on the tailpipes.

Lookes nice though

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 4th August 2010, 08:37 PM

mmmmmm shiny
Old 4th August 2010, 09:18 PM

Bin the back box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXH7_n8d5Ck

Although it is starting to sound a bit too raspy for me now so may start experimenting.
Old 5th August 2010, 08:06 AM

I would prefer to keep the stock tail pipes and have considered removing the box. I'm quite handy with the welder so had planned to split the box replace it with two bits of tube and put the box back together - so it looks stock but doesn't do anything. Problem is my existing system is quite knackered I think and I have a REALLY bad rattle that comes and goes - probably the cats but they look pretty new so I'm going the system first.

Currently trying to source a good condition centre section. Are a8 4.2 and s8 exhausts the same except the tip?
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.

Old 5th August 2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I would prefer to keep the stock tail pipes and have considered removing the box. I'm quite handy with the welder so had planned to split the box replace it with two bits of tube and put the box back together - so it looks stock but doesn't do anything. Problem is my existing system is quite knackered I think and I have a REALLY bad rattle that comes and goes - probably the cats but they look pretty new so I'm going the system first.

Currently trying to source a good condition centre section. Are a8 4.2 and s8 exhausts the same except the tip?
You sir, have hit the nail on the head with that idea

The size of the stock rear silencer balances the rear of the car out, and all the aftermarket silencers look too small.

Seriously, let us know how you get on with that mod and if you are happy with it, I may take a trip over to see you for the same thing to be carried out!

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels

Last edited by jayzee; 5th August 2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: bad speeling
Old 5th August 2010, 01:32 PM

A8 4.2 and S8 exhausts are different as I recently found out. Looking forward to this KK. Try and do it before Audis in the park and come show us on Sunday
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 5th August 2010, 04:53 PM

whats the difference between a 4.2 A8 exhaust and an S8 exhaust? im litterally about to order a second hand A8 exhaust (standard cat back) as a temporary thing and to buy me some time to cut my S8 exhaust about and repair it.