A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 23rd January 2018, 08:56 AM

Thanks guys

hesitant about buy off the likes of gumtree but cant seem to find many anywhere else in budget/spec

All so the ones on gumtree all seem to be Romanian owners?
Old 24th January 2018, 12:26 AM

I wouldn’t even look at adverts on Gumtree, never mind buy one of the cars. I didn’t bother clicking the link as it’ll either be junk or a Barry boy car, stick to piston heads or auto trader, even eBay cars are mostly junk these days
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 24th January 2018, 09:15 PM

cheers everyone for the advice i think im going to go down the southern ireland route and import it back to uk and claim the rebate
Old 25th January 2018, 12:35 PM

can anyone cast there eye of the pics in this ad and possibly make out if its good spec or not chatting to the seller at the minute thanks once again everyone

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...2-tdi/16969481
Old 25th January 2018, 01:06 PM

Not one for spotting the details on car, but did notice that at least it is a UK spec model, since it has the MPH/KPH speedo.

Sir Alex must have found running the A8 W12 too expensive and switched to the 4.2 TDI.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 25th January 2018, 04:24 PM

yeah handy being uk/mph speedo dont need to change the dials when it returns to the uk
Old 25th January 2018, 04:32 PM

I always thought used cars in Southern Ireland were more expensive than the UK, maybe it's different for less popular cars like the 8. Will you not have to pay import duty to the UK? I had to look into this a while back when importing my wife's car, but as she already owned it there was no charge to import.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Last edited by pete-p; 25th January 2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 25th January 2018, 04:40 PM

yeah cars with big engines aren't popular here due to the car tax rules, a pre 08 car with a 3.0 engine or more is €1809 a year to tax

shouldn't have any import taxes as the car was originally first registered in the uk

its how i got my current lexus gs450h
Old 25th January 2018, 05:49 PM

It's definitely an imported car from the UK, (the high numbers on the reg give it away) but thats an advantage for you.
Verify with the seller or Revenue in the South that VRT was paid when it was imported to ensure it's eligible for a VRT rebate after export to the North.
(Sometimes VRT is not paid if the owner was moving permanently from UK to IRL or if the owner was a Disabled Driver, unlikely but worth checking)

In terms of spec, it's nothing special. It has upgrade alloys known as "fat fives", Bose and upgrade seats at first glance.
On a high end car thats 10+ years old, less toys can mean less to go wrong.
The rear inner lights look like they may have water ingress, not a deal breaker but might help to haggle a bit on price.

Donedeal can be a bit of a minefield, not unlike Gumtree in UK. Buyer Beware etc. For about €30, Motorcheck or Cartell may be useful to check for Finance owing, previous write offs etc.
Old 25th January 2018, 06:03 PM

Cheers m8 noticed the lights myself and must check out if VRT was paid great advice