A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Driving bliss

Driving bliss Best roads? Best music? Whatever makes your 8 the best place to be, share it with us

Old 29th July 2017, 09:42 PM

Default I shouldn't be surprised...

Well, after a 600 mile round (very rare!) trip in the S8 I'm extremely happy I managed to continue ownership after many months of quandary.

Set off yesterday at 13:00 for a trip to Bristol and met carnage at every stretch and endured an eight hour journey to cover 310 miles in all. The amount of roadworks and false information on the signage would suggest "they" are trying to force us to deflect to trains and planes

Today was much different, same journey, sunshine instead of rain, and 3 hours shorter.The A8 is such a great car for covering miles. Not the most economical, not the fastest, but certainly one of the most eye catching.....the admiring looks confirmed this. So glad we chose the S8 instead of the more economical A4 for the journey, the fuel deficit far outweighed the savings in terms of the comfort of my left leg...we'll consider this in future for sure

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 30th July 2017, 11:20 AM

Sorry you lost so much time southbound but the return was obviously an improvement. You are absolutely correct, these 8s are mile munchers.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)